• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attaching Effects To Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Ok... so you know about the orb effects. Try putting the flash effect on each of the different art things and see what it looks like. Or maybe attach the flash to him every time that he attacks to like his weapon spot? I really dont have a clue. I also wanted to know this.

Level 12
yeah.... what? There is already a sfx made that he wants to use. Its like he is using the machinge gun attachment and he wants to use the maching gun burst sfx for it too. He wants to know how to make it show that burst show everytime the machinegun attacks.

Level 35
Well... and that was what I said.... trigger which every time he attacks add the special effect (gunfrie, contruct what ever name is) to weapon then destroy effect after lets say 0.10 sec... you could also use a dummy unit in with a movement height that mach the gun height and locust ability wich is created everytime unit attacks at position of units faceing position (A trigger like that, dont have WEU open so cant check the correct trigger, but something similar to the above.

Did also said that if the gunfire what ever it is doesnt mach the other attached model (machine gun, he could also insted of a dummy unit, edit the gunfire in a model editor changing its place so it would fit the machine gun attachment even if attached to same attachment point...

Hope this makes it clear what I meant...

Level 9
Red Baron has the right idea. I've used the Konstrukt Marines before, and the best way to do it is create a Special Effect on the "weapon" attachement, then destroy it quickly after (experiment with the intervals between destroying it) a dummy unit is nice, but annoying at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.