• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attach shoulders to model without WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I have a model which I am going to use as a hero.

I have a model of a shoulderpad.

Except they came in 2- one model for the left, one model for the right- but of course they use the same .blps.

Now even though I used them as attachments- as in through Abilities-> Items-> Armour Bonus +1 etc, it won't show up.

So I opened up vertex modify and joined them up but when my model does any animation, the shoulders just hang in the air without sticking on to the actual shoulders of my hero.

How can I attach the shoulders to my hero..?

Thanks for the help.

Level 2
2 probs.

first, I can't find bone_chest in the nodes....

2nd, whenever i attach it to nodes i think are prob chest node,

it always attaches to the foot.

help please.

thank you.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Just attach the files to your post here, and someone can fix it for you in a second, it's not more than a 5 minute fix.

Level 25
WoW models don't have attachment points, there's your problem

Attach it to the chest bone via geoset merger. The problem is of corse FINDING the chest bone, because WoW models are not user friendly for obvious reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.