• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Aterra, a fantasy platformer gamedevelop on kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi everyone.

I'm just trying to do some free promoting for a new Kickstarter game called Aterra. In a nutshell it's a first person viewpoint fantasy patformer with the ability to change the direction of gravity anytime, any direction. It is like a pleasant mixture of the Portal games and Planescape with a hint of Thief. The game looks sweet and is sure to scratch many genre itches, especially if you like any of the games above. As of this writing the Kickstarter campaign has just started to reach the goal which is £9001 (yes, it's over 9000). I'm just trying to get the word out so we can make the game happen. Please check out the link or search for Aterra on Kickstarter. If the game looks like something you would like to play then please back the project, even it's only £1 every little bit helps. Thanks for reading and your time :as:

Aterra on kickstarter

Greetings from KisDre (here minidreschi), VVVaVe team member

Level 17
Wish your campaign to succeed. I feel like the concept has been done, but not in this particular way. I'd really love to see the level design you will come up with.
The water room idea is awesome.

A few recommendations, you may want to look into your youtube account a bit more, add channel art maybe proper names and description for your vids and a web link that directs to your website etc.
The biggest letdown atm IMO is that your website is under development.
You should rush and slap there absolutely everything you have at the moment.
As a kickstarter backer I'm really more inclined to back projects that show promise.

Also, from reading and watching the vid I get the feeling that you don't communicate the game's idea too well.
I get that it is a first person platformer with a gravity mechanic but past that it is mostly a blur.
On one hand you speak of a highly abstract environment set in a what seems to be nearly a surreal plane of existence yet on another hand you speak of a master thief, magic, equipment and other characters which results in me not being able to quite imagine the kind of gameplay you are aiming for.
You should really expand the gameplay information a lot, what I imagine is a puzzle platformer that is all about negotiating the level akin to the likes of Portal but what about the rest ? How do the thieves skill come in play ? what are the objectives ? (if they are any past simply negotiating the environment) do the abilities and magic expand the possibilities of me navigating the environment or are they used for another purpose entirely ? (combat even).
That is what I would probably expand on.

Either way, good luck !

Level 15
"You have to be very careful, and sink fast" :D No offense, but couldn't not notice it ;)

Talavaj is right, you need to specify things a bit more though. I would guess it's an Portal-ish RPG, but I'm not sure, and neither are others. Also, it's unlikely succeed with a Kickstarter if you haven't finished at least so much of a map that you can show beta-like (or even alpha-like) gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.