• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assassin.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Haha
Reactions: deepstrasz
Keywords:
Assassin, Warden
Contents

Assassin.blp (Texture)

Reviews
14:42, 19th Sep 2009 67chrome: This skin has a lot of potential, but right now it also needs a lot more work before I can approve it, and the skins section is meat to house completed skins rather than works in progress. The place for works in...

M

14:42, 19th Sep 2009
67chrome: This skin has a lot of potential, but right now it also needs a lot more work before I can approve it, and the skins section is meat to house completed skins rather than works in progress. The place for works in progress is the 2d art forums, located under the forums button. Submit a thread there for this skin to receive any further feedback ;)

Level 38
More shading is definitely called for on this, right now it looks rather flat, especially with how bright the white trim is on the armor were it should be a darker shade of gray.

Looking at how the hood is in the unwrap you have access to how the wrap works, and your screenshot looks a little outdated as it shows white globs for the ears. You should also try doing something with the hair, though right now your key concern should be shading.

The runes and blades on the cloak need much greater tone variation, which goes back to shading. Part of the white trim on the leg armor gets streched under the crotch, that should be fixed. The face looks a little funky to, but this model has got to have the most obnoxious face wrap ever. The markings on the face could still stand to look a little more like paint, right now they look more like construction paper. Maybe go over them with a low-opacity brush the same color as the skin tone, and shade them along with the face.

Level 9
It looks... strange. You NEED to redo the face and well.. any skin that shows. Sorry, but in it's current state, in my opinion, this needs a lot more work.
3/5 Useful

Level 38
For those of you who say this looks not quite as feminine as it should it's probably the model's face, which is a effing pain to work with. Most females have an oval face, men generally have a more rectangular face. The face on this model is an elongated rectangle, so just about anything done to it turns out wrong in a bad way.

@ Orthon - for the above mentioned reason I would highly recommend working the face out on a model with the same unwrap but a much nicer wrap, both Jaina and the Sorceress have the same face unwrap and are much easier to work with. After you get the face to look right on one of those models just transfer the unwrap to this skin and it should at least resemble a female then. That's what I ended up resorting to for my blood elf assassin skin anyways.

@ Darkmoon Hero - I've been leaving resources in the pending state if the submitter seems interested in updating it to an acceptable level and if it has potential to be approvable. For most resources were the submitter at least tried i also want to give them the opportunity to receive some feedback. Hope that clears things up ;)

Level 11
She looks like a female green Santa Claus ^^
The idea is nice, but I think the whole skin needs some colour variation. I won't mention highlights and shading, others have said it for me :)
2/5 Lacking

Level 9
Like Darkmoon said, it just looks like you darkened it in a few regions. Not real shading, really. You need to spend some more time on this, and maybe more time adding some feminine details to at least the face.