• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Ash Worm Burrow Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there,

I want to make the ability 'Ash Worm Burrow Move' only work on creep.. So he can only move/burrow to places with creep.. For some reason I cannot find where to do that.. Need help here.. Thanks in advance!!

Level 4
Ya, found.. Don't know why I didn't saw that one. Look into this effects, probely forgot to scroll or something.. Thanks :)

I got an other problem I cant figure.

I made a spawn ability, so the drone can summon a ash worm on creep only. Everything works fine, the only thing that looked strange is that the worm is there withouth any introducing animation. So I add a birth actor events of the Ash Worms Actor. See attachment which one I added..

Now the Ash Worms whenever its created will come out of the ground and shout (I made sound actors).. It seems okay.. But when I use this in game.. When I summon the Ash Worm while there are hostile units in range (so when it wants to attack, while doing that unburrow animation).. It attacks weird, like its stuck.. and when its done attacking.. it acts normal again.. I assume that this behaviour the unit shows is because it wants attacking while doing the unburrow animation.. I want to let the aimation be fully finished, before it starts attacking.. In other words, the Ash Worm may not attack while unburrowing when summoned..

An other thing, is that the Ash Worm has got a Lava hole under him , where he comes out.. The problem is, that it wont go away after the Ash Worm dies.. I want it to vanish together with the dead body of the ash worm (his body DOES vanish in short time)..

Need help!! Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• oplossing probleem.png
    oplossing probleem.png
    30 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Now the Ash Worms whenever its created will come out of the ground and shout (I made sound actors).. It seems okay.. But when I use this in game.. When I summon the Ash Worm while there are hostile units in range (so when it wants to attack, while doing that unburrow animation).. It attacks weird, like its stuck.. and when its done attacking.. it acts normal again.. I assume that this behaviour the unit shows is because it wants attacking while doing the unburrow animation.. I want to let the aimation be fully finished, before it starts attacking.. In other words, the Ash Worm may not attack while unburrowing when summoned..
There are two solutions.
1. Cancel the birth animation when attacking so it sort of skips it. This is how the Raven deployed auto turrets work. Might be very ugly in this case.
2. Use a behaviour given to the unit when created that disables it from attacking. This behaviour lasts only as long as the birth animation. This will produce correct results as it forces a period of deterministic "no attacking" suitable for playing the birth animation even if the birth animation is never played (the player is not viewing the area). This likely produces the most correct results for such a model.

An other thing, is that the Ash Worm has got a Lava hole under him , where he comes out.. The problem is, that it wont go away after the Ash Worm dies.. I want it to vanish together with the dead body of the ash worm (his body DOES vanish in short time)..
Not entirely sure what is creating this. If it is an actor try adding an event for orphan (when the actor's host actor is destroyed) that destroys itself.

Level 4
There are two solutions.
1. Cancel the birth animation when attacking so it sort of skips it. This is how the Raven deployed auto turrets work. Might be very ugly in this case.
2. Use a behaviour given to the unit when created that disables it from attacking. This behaviour lasts only as long as the birth animation. This will produce correct results as it forces a period of deterministic "no attacking" suitable for playing the birth animation even if the birth animation is never played (the player is not viewing the area). This likely produces the most correct results for such a model.

I made a buff.. Disable attack .. Stats --> Duration on 5 secs.. And it works!!! Thanks!! Great solution

Not entirely sure what is creating this. If it is an actor try adding an event for orphan (when the actor's host actor is destroyed) that destroys itself.

I'm not quit sure what everything means in the Actor events.. But some I think I know.. So excuse me when I don't fully understand everything that you will say ^^..

It's the Ash Worm Base Actor thats creating the Lava hole.. Only I just cant figure why it doesnt vanish.. I made 3 pictures of the actors which are connected by creating that lava hole, see attachment..

In the picture of the Ash Worm Base Death, u see an event that says, Unit Death Ash Worm --> Create.. Think that would destroy the lava hole right? Im not quit sure what its creating with this event ^^.. Just create.. Create what?? >,< And the other two events, I really dont know what they will do..

The other thing is, when the ash worm uses the ability burrow move, the lava hole is vanashing (burrowing back in the ground).. That seems nice, i guess thats the animation I want it to do when the ash worm dies..

I checked out what causes that.. The only thing I can think of is that signal.. In Actor of Ash Worm, is there a event that tells: Abil Ash Worm Burrow Move Start --> Signal Burrowing..

In the Actor of Ash Worm Base, there is an event called: Signal Burrowing -> AnimPlay Burrow.. I think that one causes the burrow of the lava hole.. I tried a few things, but nothing happened..

Any Ideas what should work??

Attachments

• What the.png
    What the.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 121
  • What the 2.png
    What the 2.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 130
  • What The 3.png
    What The 3.png
    29 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Try a "Destroy AshWormBase" in response to actor destruction event. I believe the actor "AshWormBase" is the lava pool underneath.

To stop it instantly disappearing with the death of the ash worm you may need to use timers, or fades or something like that.

Level 4
You know why the following simply doesn't work:

Actor: Ash Worm

Event: UnitDeathAshWorm
- Signal Burrowing

This should trigger the Event: Signal _*_ Burrowing in the Actor: Ash Worm Base.. And show an animation of the base burrowing and be gone..

In the 3th picture, you see this action also happening in case of the

AbilAhsWormBurrowMoveSourceCastStart --> its logical to assume this is causing the Ash Worm Base to burrow, while using the ability of the ash worm..

Or am I missing something?

Ugh, this is driving me nuts!! Isn't there any guide on the enet for this actor events???!!

Level 4
Does the base have a burrow animation? I thought they were meant to remain forever.

When you use the Ability : Ash Worm Burrow Move.. You can burrow the Ash Worm to a other location on the map.. It will dig en dissapear and the base will burrow back in the ground.. and the ash worm unburrows on the targeted location, and there the base will pop up again..

So there is an event that will burrow the base.. and create a new one.. when that ability is used..

The unit is dead and so is the actor (as they usually are destroyed on death) thus it cannot burrow?

So if I'm right, an actor will be destroyed when the unit dies? Thats a good thing to know..

Level 4
Try a "Destroy AshWormBase" in response to actor destruction event. I believe the actor "AshWormBase" is the lava pool underneath.

To stop it instantly disappearing with the death of the ash worm you may need to use timers, or fades or something like that.

Tried that.. It doesn't work.. I'm stuck now.. I just Cant get rid of that Base somehow.. Do you have more ideas? Or other people have suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.