• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36

Attachments

• Ascent.jpg
    Ascent.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 198
  • sandascent.jpg
    sandascent.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Level 36
It's the light from above and waterfalls. In the light version there's also some glow doodads, some sized star doodads, and the mana drain caster effect put really close to the camera. In the sand version, there's glow doodads, tinted waterfalls and light from above, and fire.

Level 36
Whoa the first one is really so cool!

This doesn't even look like warcraft anymore (and that's a good thing ^^) Reminds me of Halo for some reason... Btw what was this terrain supposed to be?

It probably reminds you of Halo because it's an ancient ring rising up from under the planet (a.k.a. cutscene before last mission of halo 3, the ring rises out of the ark)

Level 7
It looks pretty cool, I'd like to see it at a different angle, though. And you and HT have the same avatar, it's confusing. XD

Level 25
A bit plain, but a very original idea. I also agree that it looks very much like an area where you'd duel a boss in a map/mod/game. Very good work.

Did you use some other program such as Photoshop to do the background around the actual terrain? I mean the stretched lines and all that.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.