• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Armies of Northrend 1.9

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Trayd
CUSTOM RACES AND GAMEPLAY
-There are 2 custom races for you to play
-The map if for 8 players, and 2 teams
-You can play as The Scourge
-Or you can play as The Ice Elves
-Both races are totaly customized
-Each race have its own strategy:
-The Ice Elves are powerful but they are few in numbers (reach the food limit fast)
-The Scourge concentrate in numbers but their units aren't so strong

THE ICE ELVES
-In the begin they are like every race, a common one (exept the heroes)
-When reaches the last Town Hall upgrade the Ice Elvens become extemely powerful like:
-All units gain special abilities
-Can train the so mighty Glacial "Giants"
-Can train the powerfull Spiron Wizards
-ETC

THE SCOURGE
-Scourge units waste few food slots so their armies are very big
-Skeleton units are hardly "defeated", cus they can "raise" themselfs
-Plague Erupters ans Flesh Giants are elite soldiers and very powerful
-To beat the Spiron Wizards the scourge uses the Nerubian Warlocks, but they aren't as powerful as the Spiron

SPECIAL EVENTS AND GAME MODES
For the sake of file size decrease and bugs prevention the special events and game modes were removed

UPDATES
Version 1.1
-added custom command buttons icons
-fixed Hunk animation timing (attack e movemen)
-fixed a bug that allows the Ice Elven to train 4 heroes
Version 1.2
-added some custom spells for the Lich King and Trayd heroes
-fixed some minor typos
-added an AI for the Ice Elves
-added some custom icons
-fixed some minor bugs
Version 1.3
-removed custom command butons for file size decrease
-added a new custom spell: Shadowstep (Thanks to Berserk for creating it)
-balanced some spells
-added an AI for the Scourge
-removed the hero requiriment of certain scourge units (So the AI could work)
-scourge units strength and food cost decreased even more
-frozen meteor spell crash error fixed (i think)
-file size decreased to 3.76 (it should work on lan now)
-fixed some minor bugs
Version 1.4
-map changed to a bigger one
-added new spells
-creep levels increased
-custom loading screen now works =D
Version 1.5
-added more players, now there are 8 players, 4 Ice Elves and 4 Scourge ones
-to prevent bugs wen there are more than 2 players, the game replace the trigger based spells with others that don't use triggers, the replaced spells are: Summon Portal, Hibernation and Kmah Rage
-replaced the Lich King model with a no horse Death Knight (reason: see the comments)
-new AI, hope this one don't have errors =D
Version 1.6
-fixed a bug that let untis affected by the Hibernate spell to move
-Summon Portal and all other trigger based spells works even with more than 2 players
-fixed a bug that do not let the sword of Spiron Masters appears wen there are more than one in the game
-fixed a bug that do not let the fire effect on the head of Falled Death Knights appears wen there are more than one in the game
-custom loading screen removed for file size decrease
-added special event, just tipe: -doom
-fixed some minor bugs
Version 1.7
-added special events and game modes: -sheepfall / -ethereal / -free for all
-fixed some minor bugs
-fixes some spells
Version 1.8
-reduced the strenght of some heroes (not too much)
-new model for the Fallen Death Knight hero
-computer players owned gold mines does not have 10001000 gold anymore
-army of the Dead spell now summons only 9 skeletons and they can't rebirth anymore
-map is no longer protected, feel free to open it and help me find any error :D, but please do not modify it without my permission
Version 1.9
-Special Events and Game Modes removed
-New custom spells - thanks F0rsak3n
-New custom models
-Minor bugs fixed
-Hope the game crash if fixed now =]

CREDITS
-Thanks to the custom things creators: infrenus, Tenebrae, N00byStance, Kitabatake, perfjert, Dienesiit, Sephirot_VII, S4nji, Burning_Dragoon5, Mr. Bob, Lord_T, Mephestrial, Cloudwolf, Kelthuzad, Skrik, CARZYRUSSIAN, 67chrome, ~Void~, Mr. Goblin, Willtheallmighty, Daelin, JetFanginferno, Shamanyouranus, Mc !, Tarn_J
-Special Thanks to: General Frank and XS-Angel, for alowing me edit their models, F0rsak3n who helped me with some spells, and to my great friend Harisson, the one who created the Ice Elves idea with me.
-If you find your model or icon on this map and your name isn't on the credits, sorry, and please say it to me so i can put your name here =D

want to take a look at the Ice Elven story?
go HERE
want to join in the project and know more about the campaing?
go HERE

THE MAP IS PROTECTED

ENJOY =D

Keywords:
Altered Melee, Ice Elf, Scourge, pvp, Ice, Undead, Elf
Contents

Armies of Northrend 1.9 (Map)

Reviews
12:23, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Well, i said at the credits that the map terrain belongs to Blizzard Entertainment. Used it cus' i'm a bit lazy with terraining. xD
But i think i'll change it in then next update.

And, LOL... Sorry for the text color xD
I'll change it right away.
And if you want an unprotected version to check, i'll be glad to send it. ^^

Last edited:
Level 28
An unprotected version would be great.

A little question: why exactly do you protect your map?
If it is because everyone else is doing it, or because you fear it'll get stolen: don't protect your map, leave it unprotected and add something that ensures it is your map, if you make it open source only the ultimately retarded will think of stealing, and those versions will be worse than this one.

Maps do get stolen, but it is easy to deprotect a map...
In fact: protecting a map out of fear it will get stolen ATTRACTS thieves, what's the fun in stealing an open source map anyway?

Level 16
Not only bland terrain. The balance is also nearly non-existant. Scourge can easily mass up their units and simply blast down Ice Elves to smithereens (Because, in fact, Scourge units aren't that weak and are more cost-efficient).

Level 1
Hi, recently i've started playing warcraft 3 again and i remembered your map, so i went ahead and played it.
After downloading it and playing it, I remembered why i did not play this map all that much, even though its super nice and unique to play, especially the mountain hero!

Here's the problem, every time i play, after 10+ minutes at least,
it will crash.

There would be a critical error, i hope you can respond and let me know what to do to fix this.
I googled and tried many ways to fix, but i do not understand much of the guides,
such as checking rawcodes (my world edit cant run ur map, not enuf storage to run).
Crash Logs | The Helper
Above is the link to which i think is helpful (but i cant check it), maybe you can give me ur email so
i can send you the full error information?
I created this HIVE account just to contact you, hoping this error can be fixed because i really love
your map and concept!
You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you :)
This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\users\sk wen\desktop\personal\warcraft 1.21\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:6F62A570

The instruction at '0x6F62A570' referenced memory at '0x00000008'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Level 1
Alright thanks you so much for the reply! Anyways, I would really recommend you to do a map like this(partly so i can play it again hahahahahah), but seriously though, it has great potential. This is because players can choose from 2 dynamic race with OPPOSITE strengths, Ice Elves with their small but strong army&heroes, Undead with their large quantity.
I've also tried playing the campaign Tales of warcraft, but its not my type sadly. Its a very unique type of gameplay that satisfies a unique taste i think ;) it is very creative though!
All the best!