• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ArmadilloCanonVersion

This isn't an updated version of my old tank, the concept is entirely new! I've worked on it for some time now, and i'm happy to be able to present you now the results.
In either case, my most special thanks to Anvil for fixing some texture- & geoset-anim bugs on the chains. Without his help, it wouldn't be done by now, so don't forget that when crediting! ;-) Initially, i wanted to make it for a project of mine, but due to the lack in time and other ressources for the map, i considered it would be better to upload it now. It's supposed to be a battle tank with a goblin driver (hence the portrait). I didn't want to make it use the tank model again in the portrait, coz i intend to make some robots either that will do so, and the tank is supposed to have a driver after all. If it gets approved, I'll make another verison of it too.
I hope you find it usefull and like it! Have fun with it in any way you want, no need to ask me for permissions.

EDIT 1: changed the collision spheres. The previous ones were way to small for a model of this size.

Keywords:
tank, tank Armadillo, battle tank, battle mech, goblin battle mech, goblin tank
Contents

ArmadilloCanonVersion (Model)

ArmadilloCanonVersion (Model)

Reviews
12:23, 18th Oct 2012 Kwaliti: A fine and useful tank model.

M

12:23, 18th Oct 2012
Kwaliti:

A fine and useful tank model.

It looks good! It's a bit simple, but that's fine because not every vehicle in a war is going to be some sort of complex mega machine; somebody's going to have the standard tanks.

You've done better on the wrap this time, and I like the placement of color.

4/5.

Last edited:
"What's that over there?" "AN ARMADILLO!"

It looks good! It's a bit simple, but that's fine because not every vehicle in a war is going to be some sort of complex mega machine; somebody's going to have the standard tanks.

You've done better on the wrap this time, and I like the placement of color.

4/5.
thanks a lot for the feedback. :ogre_hurrhurr: Yeah, i just named it armadillo coz it's going to be the ''weaker'' tank, you know armadillos are well armored, but can't do realy big harm, hence i named it so. :wink: I always try to keep models simple, user-friendlier filesize and they aren't necessarely bad coz they're simple :wink:

:ogre_hurrhurr: do what with the pic? :vw_wtf:

He means cut the edges off of the picture, so you just see the vehicle.

Here, let me give you some preview making tips, it's how I make my previews.

Open the editor, change your preferences, set the background to black or grey; anything but blue. You can change it back to blue after you make the preview, I understand if blue makes it easier for you to see the model as you work, but it looks bad in previews.

Open model, choose an angle you think looks good. Take a screenshot.

Open your screenshot in paint, or paste your screenshot into paint. Type any information you want to be in the preview around the model. Use selection box, drag it around the part of the preview you want. Ctrl+C to copy. Paste it into a new paint, and save it. If you want more angles, then paste multiple screenshots, and drag the pieces together.

He means cut the edges off of the picture, so you just see the vehicle.

Here, let me give you some preview making tips, it's how I make my previews.

Open the editor, change your preferences, set the background to black or grey; anything but blue. You can change it back to blue after you make the preview, I understand if blue makes it easier for you to see the model as you work, but it looks bad in previews.

Open model, choose an angle you think looks good. Take a screenshot.

Open your screenshot in paint, or paste your screenshot into paint. Type any information you want to be in the preview around the model. Use selection box, drag it around the part of the preview you want. Ctrl+C to copy. Paste it into a new paint, and save it. If you want more angles, then paste multiple screenshots, and drag the pieces together.
Thanks for the advice. :grin:

Lol, mine is just named after the animal :grin: Thanks a lot for your rating :ogre_hurrhurr: