• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Arena Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi, im kinda new here, :oops: ive been playing with editor and got most of it down, im making a map thats kind of a cross between an AoS and an arena, where it has you pick a hero (tavern based) and then u have a basic AoS map with the basic AoS playstyle and i have a area set aside of an arena and a special event zone, where if u have the most kills u get to participate in the arena (occouring every 8 minutes) where if you win, you get a gold bonus or item bonus. im having problems with the global and local varibles, it took me a while to get the leaderboard down the way i want it (thanks to all you guys who post tutorials for us non expert mappers to reference) but its ready and it works fine, ive tested alot.
my only problem with it though is that i either need it to pick the player with most kills on the leaderboard (im only using one varible for the leaderboard setup fyi) or at random. :? :?:
it would be AWESOME if you guys could either give me some trigger ideas or possible a finished trigger (would LOVE to have that). none of it makes much sense to me, so if u could, better yet tell what i need to do so that i learn!(then i wont have to ask again!)
again, thanks for any replies and im sorry this is so long >< :oops:

Level 21
Absolutely correct!

check it out:

Obviously replace the do nothings with action for your map.

[trigger:1:fc76f8b9ec]
Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Time - Every 480.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players), do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Player in position 1 of (Last created leaderboard)) Equal to (Player((Integer A)))
Then - Actions
Do nothing
Else - Actions
Do nothing
[/trigger:1:fc76f8b9ec]

you said you wanted this to be explained so you learn, well do you know how all this works? if you dont just ask. saves me writing a whole load of stuff for nothing if you already know :p

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
[trigger:1:ce3fa76d44]Setup Leaderboard
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled TheBoard
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If - Conditions
((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
Then - Actions
Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value 0
Else - Actions
[/trigger:1:ce3fa76d44]
[trigger:1:ce3fa76d44]Leaver
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
Player - Player 6 (Orange) leaves the game
Player - Player 7 (Green) leaves the game
Player - Player 8 (Pink) leaves the game
Player - Player 9 (Gray) leaves the game
Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) leaves the game
Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) leaves the game
Player - Player 12 (Brown) leaves the game
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Remove (Triggering player) from (Last created leaderboard)
[trigger:1:ce3fa76d44]StartTournament
Events
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in Contestants and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Player Group - Remove (Picked player) from Contestants
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If - Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Player in position 1 of (Last created leaderboard)) Equal to (Picked player)
(Player in position 2 of (Last created leaderboard)) Equal to (Picked player)
Then - Actions
Player Group - Add (Picked player) to Contestants
Else - Actions
[trigger:1:ce3fa76d44]AddPoint
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
((Owner of (Dying unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
Actions
Set Points[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Points[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Killing unit)) in (Last created leaderboard) to Points[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]
Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order

These are my triggers.
The one that adds the players to the playergroup is the playergroup of contestants.

Level 21
well the reason i asked is because he says every 8 minutes and i dont see any timing reference on yours and also i thought he mean he only wanted the top player, mabey i am confused?

Edit: oh i see now, your trigger adds the two top players into a unit group that would then be acted upon right? sorry i just didnt see the timing thing and i got all confused like.

Status
Not open for further replies.