• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arena-100, vers 1.0f

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

:: ARENA-100 ::

(1.24b friendly =D)

Website of the map: www.arena-100.com, don't worry, the website is in french but Arena-100 is entirely in english.
Screenshots: www.arena-100.com/screenshot.php
A video of the map (also in french sorry, but it's not important):video

It's a final version, there's no major bugs. Maybe just few errors in description, in fact there's more than 70 new spells in Arena-100.

Summary:

Choose your Hero then fight in cooperative mode with the other players. Beat the enemies to reach all the levels and earn your freedom !
14 Heroes with 5 new spells.
At now 44 levels including 11 boss.
120 items, classics, magics and relics !
A lot of incredible systems (spells damage display, tchat between Heroes, score board, spells depending on skills...)

Map content in details:

It's a PvE map, a survival in a Warcraft Arena. First you vote for a difficulty, all players can vote, you have to choose one of the 4 difficulty levels available:
Normal
Hard
Nightmare
Insane
Suicidal 8==> (_o_)
Normal difficulty change nothing ... it's just normal. All other levels increase the life/life regeneration/mana/mana regeneration/defense/damage/movement speed/attacks rating of ennemies. So in suicidal is really really haaaard.
Even in normal it's difficult for noobs, the game needs a good team play but it doesn't need to remake one hundred times to beat the first boss. This map needs a good teamplay to reach all the levels !!! After this vote you have to take one hero and then you fight in team with all other players in the Arena ! A hero can be selected by many players.
The game DOES NOT NEED TO BE FULL, the number of ennemies depends on the number of players, even if a player leaves the game !

Victory:

You win then you have reached all the levels (see current version description to know how many). You will not success the first time, neither the second, the third maybe ^^

Defeat:

Your team are defeated then all heroes died on the same level. If a hero is alive at the end of a level, all others are resurrected on the next.

Systems of Arena-100

Chat Message
When you tip a message in the chat box and display it, the message is displayed normally on the left and above your hero with a floating text, like this:
chatmsgvt5.jpg
It displays the message only if the hero is alive and visible ont the map. This is sometime usefull for healer too concentrated on the game and don't see messages on the left. It's also funny !

Spells depending on skills
Most of the spells depend on the hero attributes (Strength/Agility/Intelligence). For example a spell can deals "Int x 2 + 100 damage to the dargeted unit".
desc_spell.png
Attributes can affect spell duration, damage, healing, life leech, mana leech etc.

Multitable with heroes life
A multitable display the life of all heroes from the red to the green. Healer can see rapidly who needs a heal thanks to the player name and the icon of the hero.
score_board.png
This multitable also displays the number of kills, the current level and time elapsed since the beginning of the game.

Damage display
Spells damage are displayed, but without annoying the gameplay. So we can see easily the effectiveness of a spell damage depending on attributes.

Why "Arena-100" ?

The map is named Arena-100 because at the origin my goal was to create 100 levels and 100 spells. But now I see that 100 levels is very long to make and to play !! (certainly the game will last 4 hours...). However for 100 spells it's not a problem, the map will reach this cap in the version 1.1 and surely more after !

Credits of Arena-100

• Gaurbaque, Bantas, Caske_lebohaume, Ace_ventura for spells and heroes ideas
  • The french forum www.worldedit.free.fr for his help.
  • All testers of beta versions !
  • JetfangInferno for some models of the Stellar Adept
  • General frank for orb models
  • All members of the JNGP development team
  • Vexorian for vJass

Keywords:
arena, arena-100, pve, new spells, spells, boss, fun, hard
Contents

Arena-100, vers 1.0f (Map)

Reviews
19:02, 5th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

It was fairly entertaining, good job! ;)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

About 12 ish, I had to get ready to go for dinner after that.

Level 6
Mass Purging Template Version 4.0
Rejection

Reason for not approving:
I thought, wow this guy has libraries and stuff, at least his triggers won't be bad!
wrong.
You miss leaks & you use many unnecessary BJs.
Your terrain is not so great either.
I can't fault this map on much else other than that stuff.
But it leaks far too much to be approved.

Level 2
Thanks for your review...

I don't really understand your rejection, why not from a "developer" point of view.
Oh Sorry ! I thought the review is more a "gamer" appreciation.
The player don't care at all about some useless BJs. And for have playing the map many and many times, after 1hour and a half of game (the maximum...), it's still as fluent as the beginning... and with my old netbook !

Ok the terrain is simple, it's just an arena. You have certainly not noticed that the terrain is totally transformed after some levels.

I delete all the harmful leaks, and don't care about the leaks elusive for the player. I check just 3 simple conditions:
-it's fun
-it works fine (target 0 bug !)
-it's fluent

Hope you will not have nightmare about my triggers !
Seriously the most important thing, it's the entertainment of the map and good performance (perfection for this second point is useless, just a waste a time).