• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Area W3WE crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, in the world editor, a time ago i had a problem with my map, it crashed as i opened my map, dunno why, but either dunno why now it works, but when i try to go to the city, it crashes, wtf, i have NO idea of why this happens.

Does anyone know why it could be? s:

I don't have any kind of MASS DESTRUCTION OWNAGE spell or doodad or either nothing, it's just a raw city. I'll take some screens right now.

EDIT:
Thats the whole city:

Attachments

• Scrn1.JPG
    Scrn1.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Scrn2.JPG
    Scrn2.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Scrn3.JPG
    Scrn3.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 136
  • Scrn4.JPG
    Scrn4.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Scrn5.JPG
    Scrn5.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 2
Altough there isnt any error Window, maybe there is a log?
Check the "Errors" Directory @ your WC3 Folder, and see if any new .txt Files have been written after you played your map.

Level 6
Try to desactivate selctively the view of the things.

In View, desactive all the options, incluiding the terrain, and go to the place where the city is, if it don't crashes now, active the terrain and try, then active the doodads and try, until you know what kind of thing makes the crash.

If it continue crashing even with all desactivated, then isn't a graphic problem or something like that.

Any answer will be informative.

Level 6
Anyway if it crash with all deactivated... Try to use the "See full map" feature, and see if it crashes, if it does, try by rising the camera using the mouse wheel... Instead of moving by the map.

If it continues crashing post again xD...

Do you speak spanish? I've read your avatar... :)

Si hablas español entonces podemos entendernos mejor xD...

Level 2
Hmmm, i've had this problem once... the only cure i found was deleting the area and restarting on it all over again, it's really frustrating. This might not be the only one though!

Level 15
i see, well, the last thing i did, was add some models to some items, but those items were deleted! dunno.. :/ anyway, many thanks to everyone, i'll keep trying your advices.

PD: i don't use WE unlimited
PD2: sii hablo español xDD yo habia leido tu nick =p pero es una regla el ingles >:/

Doodads checked |x| Succes
Units checked |x| FAILED Comment: while selecting to further delete, an unevitable crash u.u

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.