• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are you another Retard? Final

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well yes i know its lame and unoriginal, but i simply made a 'Are you a retard map' for the fun and to gain some experience. Everything is done in GUI but i have recently switched over to vJass (finished this game about January 2009)

Anyway, this is a very fun map . . . guaranteed for some fun laughs!

Check it out!

hope you enjoy it :p

Keywords:
are you a retard, are you another retard, retard, maze, stupid, funny maze, escape
Contents

Are you another Retard? Final (Map)

Reviews
09:18, 9th Jun 2009 by bounty hunter2: post #3, Rejected.

M

09:18, 9th Jun 2009 by bounty hunter2:
post #3, Rejected.

Level 31
Being a fans of this map genre, this map certainly give me a dissappointment.

1) Description - Description at this site are way too lacking, so does ingame description. No quest log to indicate what is the mission. The only description available was at loading screen that tell user that player 1 could restart the mission. Nothing else.

2) Terrain - For this map genre, there is nothing to discuss about it since this kind of genre does not allowed any fancy terrain. Of course, a good terrain is still a merit point.

3) Triggering - The triggering was poorly develop. It leak special effect and location, there is some trigger could be optimize for better efficiency as well.

If this map was restart several times while playing under a full house condition, I am not suprise if it would lag.

After I test the restart option for about 6-7 times, it show a lagging sign (At single player).

4) Errors - Seems like you create this map in a rush. Bad medicine plant have urn description?

Wood cutting axe boost damage by 10,000 and yet it describe it as 3? Is that a purpose or mistake as well?

From the triggering, it look like you need a gatekey to open the gate. But the door open automatically whenever I get close to it.

Overall, this map was done in a rush. It contain bug and it lack of proper polishing especially at the term of description and triggering. The concept and idea of each trap was way unoriginal as well as it have exist at most of the are you a retard genre that are flowing around internet.

1/5 (Unacceptable)

Level 9
flame more even tho i apologized etc . .

but w/e

i have learnt A LOT since i made that map and i will admit that i was a very noob mapper at that time . . . didnt know bout memory leaks etc etc . . . hell i didnt even know what vJass was

and tbh you dont really rate a map effectively, you penalized me on small details, if the map was more successful i would have spent more time on smoothing out the rough edges but since no one liked it why bother. Fun factor (despite the stuff you already penalized for)? Funny factor? Originality(despite the fact that it is an 'r u a retard map)? Effectiveness of traps? etc.

Level 31
flame more even tho i apologized etc . .

This isn't flame, but being precise/exact.

Using GUI require some JASS knowledge such as using custom script.

Captain Griffen said:
If you know vjass, you know jass. If you know JASS, you know GUI. If you just know GUI, you don't know GUI.

If you don't even know GUI, how do you know VJASS? That's my exact sentiment.

and tbh you dont really rate a map effectively,

Your map lack of detail and the triggering was way too inefficient till it cause lag at single player barely after 6-7 restart.

It even contain bug that allowed user to skip some trap function. Do you really think this is small detail?

Without a proper ingame detail, it naturally violate the map submission rules.

The gameplay was repetitive as well. If you ever download a bunch of this map genre that are flowing around the internet, you would notice most of the trap you design already exist.

Just look at the beginning of the game, it was the same with other genre of this map where there is a 1 item and 1 overpowered creep blocking the path.

If you ask the staff to evaluate it, they would also tell you the same thing and they are far more strict. Hive have a much higher quality/standard in approving resources in this past few weeks compare to the last few months.

Just look at the list of rejected map and the rating of approve map in this past few weeks, you would notice how strict it was.