• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcuz 2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Binsu
Firelord Presents

Arcuz
Created by Firelord001

Map Info:

A cinematic made by Firelord001. This cinematic reveals the story and journey of Arcuz, the main character in the story. In this episode, the mystery of the town of Algir, Arcuz investigate about the case of slaughtering on that town.

Storyline:

The story is all about Arcuz. Arcuz is the son of General Arthur, the General of the Sagin. He wants to be like his father so he go on for a journey to train himself. This story is all about his journey, life and everything about him.

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Lake

224821-albums6975-picture77253.bmp

Image Description:
Inn

224821-albums6975-picture77254.bmp

Image Description:
Campfire

224821-albums6975-picture77255.bmp

Image Description:
Town

224821-albums6975-picture77256.bmp

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • CMarket - For inspiring me to make cinematics.
  • DTS - For insipring me to make a better terrain
  • Kobas - For his Map Description Template

Models:
  • Frankster
  • Shadow_killer
  • Wandering Soul
  • Buster
  • UTM Authors
Musics:
  • Warcraft III Musics
  • How to train your dragon Soundtrack

Author's notes:

If you want more information, take a look at this thread.Arcuz

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Arcuz, Adventure, Cinematic
Contents

Arcuz 2 (Map)

Reviews
15:28, 23rd Dec 2013 Orcnet: What Hell_Master said.
Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Arcuz 2
Map Author: Firelord001

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

A very original cinematic map.

Score: 61/100

Presentation

Presentation looks good and organized. But to suggest, maybe you could also add some screenshot showing some parts of the cinematics. Short but simple yet informative!

Score: 64/100

Design

I know I just did tell you about this but please do put a proper loading scree, loading screen being black looks bad and also the minimap image could be more different. What I mean is that it is already the part 2 so you can maybe put a number beside the Arcuz logo which is 2 then 3, 4 and so on for each upcoming episode.

Score: 51/100

Terrain

Terain looks decent. You are improving a little at making forest terrains but you could still try putting some grass doodads here in Hive on your terrain or shrubs doodads if you want a standard grass model found just in World Editor. Also, put more rocks, flowers and possible some animals in it to make it livelier.

Your terrain at indoors still looks the same, well, maybe you learn how to put some wall doodads now but I also suggest you put some windows in the sides. It is really awkwars seeing a closed house and most likely a public place. Also, your indoor terrains at this map are pretty much empty. Try putting some decorations in it, visualize what a house, bar or inn looks like! Your roof could also be improved. Using the same which is the floow for your roof looks weird and should be avoided and your roof is pretty much low on the corridor to the inn that you ill notice that Arcuz will amost reach the roof.

Your terrain at the Ship looks decent though could use some fences for blockers and some more, I do think by looking at it... it still lacks some things for a ship.

Score: 56/100

Triggers

Not the person to judge triggers but it looks neat and well organized to me. Looking good and good job!

Score: 67/100

Object Data

At the bar, you will notice that there are two footmen flying at the roof... funny is that their head is stuck for some awkward reasons. You should fix that and also at the ship, Captain Douglas seems to be flying and is too near on the torch that his cape might burn.

Score: 60/100

Gameplay

About the plot and how the cinematic goes, there are too much plotholes here. First, how the hell did Arcuz suddenly realize and got to think that its Tracy who is the Assassin? It happens too fast and I do think this need an explanation ON HOW Arcuz find this out. Also, why the hell would Wilson tell the truth to Arcuz about Tracy being the Assassin. It really ruined the fun actually and he could just actually lied to be honest because Arcuz will not even know if Wilson is saying the truth or not. You could actually made a great plot twist maybe if you did not reveal it too soon and most likely if there are no plotholes.

Score: 42/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Optional but you could add some screenshots of the cinematics also.

There are still much to improve at the terrain. Suggestions are at the Terrain part of my review!

Fix the bug about the two footmen flying and their heads being stuck on the roof. Captain Douglas seems to be also floating and he is too much near on the torch.

Too much plotholes and I do think you need to remake some parts of the story. The story does not bring much joy with the plot holes being present here.

Also, there are grammar mistakes and you got your and you're wrong again.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 57.286/100
2/5 Vote for Rejection

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Last edited:
Level 21
Damn, Hell Master commented before me.
Here is my opinion:
Too many bad things. First, as Hell Master said, some footmen float in the inn and also in the battleship EVERY unit floats in the air. Second, the r far too many grammar mistakes. The problem of "your" and "you're" occured again. You have a SERIOUS problem with ur English. There were mistakes with verb tenses e.g: "You looks", problems with verb "to be" in plural and singular. Sometimes the noun is plural and u use "is". I won't list the rest of the English problems otherwise I'd publish an entire book! :wink:
Third, I found some incomprehensions and misconceptions. For example, as Hell Master also said, why revealing immediately that Tracy is the assassin? No suspense at all and the excitement was ruined! And why would Wilson reveal such secret information about the assassin? About the mercenary, they r usually bad people so they don't say "Even if I didn't do my job well?", they just tell u "Give me the money!"
The fight was also badly executed. And why when Tracy was defeated the clones remained? They should disappear.
The terrain, this time, was much better. However, the interior of the buildings were quite empty as well as the forest at the beginning of the film.
There r other many bad issues that I cannot list them all! The most CRUCIAL are:
- Awful dialogue
- Empty terrain
- The film is quite booooooooring :ogre_frown:
- Too many incomprehensions and misconceptions
- Floating units

233766-albums6886-picture77258.png

I strongly suggest that u find some1 to correct ur dialogue and recruit some voice actors as most of the cinematic is talking. Then, think about filling ur terrain with more doodads.
To conclude, I'll give a humble 2/5, even if this deserves 1/5 :thumbs_down: I am so disappointed, I thought that part 2 would be better...
Sadly, I vote for REJECTION until the issues I and Hell Master listed aren't solved!

Last edited:
Level 21
I will look at ur map again when it will be FULLY updated. Just advise me, perhaps u might convince me as well as Hell Master to vote for approval at least.
I'm sure that u will become a great cinematic creator in the future, just increase ur efforts and develop ur English to reduce the mistakes. :goblin_good_job: