• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoH Units

Level 22
Here are some of the unit previews for AoH. Note that I may or may not update this list as time goes by.

Empire

Conscript
Role: Massed Infantry Unit
Gold Cost: 15
Hitpoints: 250
Damage Type: Normal
Damage: 5-15
Cooldown: 1.1
Armor Type: Small
Armor: 1

Yeoman
Role: Early game Ranged Unit
Gold Cost: 15
Lumber Cost: 10
Hitpoints: 225
Damage Type: Piercing
Damage: 10-20
Cooldown: 2
Range: 600
Armor Type: Small
Armor 1

Legionnaire (Name Pending)
Role: Basic Infantry Unit
Gold Cost: 50
Hitpoints: 300
Damage: 15
Cooldown: 1
Armor Type: Heavy
Armor: 2
Abilities: Defend - Once activated, blocks 10 damage from all attacks made on this unit.

Longbowman
Role: Basic Ranged Support Unit
Gold Cost: 65
Lumber Cost: 25
Hitpoints: 300
Damage: 15-25
Cooldown: 2
Armor Type: Normal
Armor: 2

Praetorian Legionnaire
Role: Mid-Late game Infantry Unit
Gold Cost: 65
Lumber Cost: 10
Hitpoints: 325
Damage: 20-25
Cooldown: 1.35
Armor: 3
Abilities: Defend, Mount - Allows the Praetorian to mount a Riderless Horse

Praetorian Knight
Role: Heavy Cavalry Unit
Gold Cost: N/A
Lumber Cost: N/A
Hitpoints: 375
Damage: 20-30
Cooldown: 1.5
Armor: 4
Abilities: Dismount, Get Back Up! - Gives a chance when the Praetorian Knight dies that the mounted Praetorian will quickly jump off of the falling horse, cheating death.
Note: The Knight is gained through training a Riderless Horse and mounting it with a Praetorian Legionnaire

Zealot
Role: Mobile Anti-Infantry Caster
Gold Cost: N/A (Not Determined)
Lumber Cost: N/A (Not Determined)
Hitpoints: 350
Damage Type: Magic (Pending)
Damage: 20-25
Cooldown: 1
Armor Type: Medium
Armor : 3
Abilities - Zealous Charge - The Zealot quickly charges a nearby enemy unit, dealing up to 88 damage and slowing the enemy unit's attack and move speed (Thanks to Moyack for Spell)
Note: The Zealot is intended to be one of 3 different casters. I have not yet decided on what other abilities to give him.

Chaplain
Role: Infantry Morale Booster/Caster
N/A

Sanctioned Psyker
Role: Offensive Caster
N/A

Ballista
Role: Long Ranged Siege Weapon
Gold Cost: N/A
Lumber Cost: N/A
Hitpoints: 250
Damage Type: Siege
Damage: 90-100
Cooldown: 4
Range: 1600
Minimum Range: 350
Armor Type: Fortified
Armor : 0

Ranger
N/A
Abilities: Camouflage - Whenever the Ranger is in close range with a tree, he gains invisibility as long as he is next to the tree(s). Invisibility is broken when he attacks. Casting spells DOES NOT break invisibility

Coming soon: Riderless Horse, Chaos Units, Empire/Chaos Heroes.

Last edited:
Level 35
Interesting unit list. How come the Chaplain and the Sanctioned Psyker have n/a, though? Are they not being included, or have you not got stats for them yet? Also, is Sanctioned Psyker from Warhammer 40K: Imperial Guard? Sounds like an odd term to throw around (Psyker, that is). I've always thought it to be unique to Warhammer 40K :p

Another thing that confuses me is why anyone would get the Yeoman units when they can get the Longbowman units? I mean, I understand that the Yeomen are for early game while the Longbowmen are for later game, but why would you keep getting the Yeomen in the late game? It just seems awkward to me when you are still able to get an old unit that doesn't fit into the game any more (sort of like if Age of Empires allowed you to still get Clubmen when you had the choice of the Swordsmen and the Phalanx). The same applies for the Legionnaire.

As I was reading through from the top, I originally was reminded of Age of Wonders 2 with the Archon race. They were sort of Roman-esque and were holy men themselves. They got Legionnaires which, just like the Roman Legionnaires, were given the ability to one time hurl a spear across the battlefield (this was for the expansion, Shadow Magic). Just wondering where your inspiration came from, I guess, as it is a very good concept so far. Good luck!

Level 22
Legionnaires use the Footman model
Praetorians use the Captain model
Praetorian Knight is a Mounted Captain model
Conscript is a milita model
Yeoman is a custom milita archer model
Longbowman is a custom Footman Archer model
Zealot is a Spellbreaker, might change though
Ballista is the NE Ballista
Chaplain is gonna use a model from xgm
Psyker has no model atm

Chaplain and Psyker i have not even started, i plan to do them over this weekend.

Well, it's kinda boring to have 1 ranged unit for a race. Yeomen are significantly cheaper than Longbowman, making them easier to mass. With a ton of Conscripts in front, they're pretty good. However, as you gain more income, you'll probably switch to the more expensive but stronger Longbowmen. This isn't like you advanced through an Age, it's just a battle.

This is just a thought, but i'm thinking about using food for something else, and just putting a limit on how many types of units you can have. Like have only X number of Legionnaires, X number of Longbowmen etc.

I'm a big fan of Warhammer 40k, and alot of my inspiration draws from them. I'm particularly interested in the Horus heresy, and the Space Marine Legions, thats why i use "Legionnaires"

Level 2
What about using the Yeoman as an alternative to the Conscript? So you train Consctripts, but you can select them and "upgrade" them into Yeoman? That way, later in the game, you wouldn't be using them as much as you would the better units.