• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] AoE Spell Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Pretty much I'm trying to make a spell that does area of effect heal ally units and damage enemy units at the same time....

Unfortunately... My dumby caster system didn't work...
-So I tried...

Pick all units-Within range of (Target unit) belonging to (Neutral Hostile)
-Set Life of picked units to ([Life of units] - 100)

Pick all units within range of (target unit) belonging to (Player 1)
-Set Life of picked units to ([Life of units] + 100)

ANd that doesn't work....
I'm guessing it has something to do with my Conditions....
But pretty much... I don't know what I did wrong....

Attachments

• Trigs.jpg
    Trigs.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 133
Level 23
Yes the conditions are the issue.

When using "matching" make sure every condition is set to matching unit.

I mean that you have to change the:
  • pick every unit in range of 500 of position of triggering unit matching owner of (picked unit) is....
to
  • pick every unit in range of 500 of position of triggering unit matching owner of (matching unit) is....
Im sure you understand what im pointing out, but I don't have WE up atm...

/regards

Ps: you are aware of that your trigger leaks, arent you?

Level 12
Yes the conditions are the issue.

When using "matching" make sure every condition is set to matching unit.

I mean that you have to change the:
  • pick every unit in range of 500 of position of triggering unit matching owner of (picked unit) is....
to
  • pick every unit in range of 500 of position of triggering unit matching owner of (matching unit) is....
Im sure you understand what im pointing out, but I don't have WE up atm...

/regards

Ps: you are aware of that your trigger leaks, arent you?

I wasn't...... In fact... I'm not even sure what LEaks mean....

Level 4
I have a spell similar to this, it creates a small explosion of water that damages enemy units and removes positive buffs from them and heals allied units and removes negative buffs from them. If you would like, I can post the trigger for you.

Allow me to explain leaks to you as best I can (I still am weak in this area). A leak occurs when the game uses a piece of data like (position of unit) or (target point of ability being cast) or (units within region). The game uses the data once in the trigger, and then doesn't need it anymore. However, the game still keeps track of the information even
though it is useless. If enough 'leaks' happen, the game ends up wasting a lot of processing power dealing with these bits of useless data and much lag results.

Custom Scripts and some GUI actions can be used to remove the object from the game's memory once it is no longer needed.

This is a link to the most helpful tutorial on this I have found to date: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219.

I don't typically link outside of the hive, but honestly, there aren't any anti-leak tutorials of this quality on the hive.

Level 12
How do I remove a Unit Variable?
I have a spell similar to this, it creates a small explosion of water that damages enemy units and removes positive buffs from them and heals allied units and removes negative buffs from them. If you would like, I can post the trigger for you.

Allow me to explain leaks to you as best I can (I still am weak in this area). A leak occurs when the game uses a piece of data like (position of unit) or (target point of ability being cast) or (units within region). The game uses the data once in the trigger, and then doesn't need it anymore. However, the game still keeps track of the information even
though it is useless. If enough 'leaks' happen, the game ends up wasting a lot of processing power dealing with these bits of useless data and much lag results.

Custom Scripts and some GUI actions can be used to remove the object from the game's memory once it is no longer needed.

This is a link to the most helpful tutorial on this I have found to date: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219.

I don't typically link outside of the hive, but honestly, there aren't any anti-leak tutorials of this quality on the hive.

I might Want that actually...
I have some healing/Hurting buffs that I have been playing around with....
I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad if I included some anti buff material as well.....

Level 12
Make an ability based on silence, and create a dummy for a second and add ability like life regeneration, and another life regeneration with targets alowed enemy(set the healing value to -(negative value) so it would look like -0.50)

THats what I did originally...
-Created A dummy caster With negative Value warstomp and Damaging Thunderclap....
For some reason the dummy caster could be seen... so I kinda just decided on a no for that one...

Life Regeneration is over time though.... which is kind of disgusting to work with at times...

But then again...

Status
Not open for further replies.