• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoE Entangling root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how to make entnagling root aoe ? or just make it attach on 5 nearest units? (in 600 ranged)

sorry my english :S

Just create a dummy unit for each unit and order them to Entangle all picked units.

• Your Trigger
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an abillity
    • Conditions:
      • (Abillity being cast) Equal To [Your spell]
    • Actions:
      • Set loc = (Position of (Casting Unit))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 900.00 of loc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every Unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at loc facing (picked unit)
          • Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked Unit)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
Variables:
loc: point variable
TempGroup: unit group variable

Note: This should too remove any lag caused

Level 4
Just create a dummy unit for each unit and order them to Entangle all picked units.

• Your Trigger
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an abillity
    • Conditions:
      • (Abillity being cast) Equal To [Your spell]
    • Actions:
      • Set loc = (Position of (Casting Unit))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 900.00 of loc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every Unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at loc facing (picked unit)
          • Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked Unit)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
Variables:
loc: point variable
TempGroup: unit group variable

Note: This should too remove any lag caused

Whats a dummy ? :S

Level 4
A dummy is a Dummy Unit.
A unit with none icon, classification, model, or other way to see it ingame. And has the abillities Locust, Ghost (Visible) and Indestructable.
- No attack
- Movement Type: Fly
- Don't show on map

Basically its just a invissible source you can use to cast spells or do actions.

Okay. i got World Edit Ultimate so i can make the rogram make dummeys, how maney shall i make and how to make it all to be one spell ?

Level 4
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

And btw whats this?

Level 11
the custom scripts is to remove leaks

what is leaks???

leaks are erros that f*** the game(i can't make a better explanation)

to create dummies you just need to create a normal unit using for example a footman, change his icon to watheaver you want, change his model to none, his move speed to 0 movement type fly, colision 0, add the locust ability and the ability you want to make the dummy casta

and don't double post no more

Level 4
the custom scripts is to remove leaks

what is leaks???

leaks are erros that f*** the game(i can't make a better explanation)

to create dummies you just need to create a normal unit using for example a footman, change his icon to watheaver you want, change his model to none, his move speed to 0 movement type fly, colision 0, add the locust ability and the ability you want to make the dummy casta

and don't double post no more

Okay thanks alot :D But shall i make a dummy stand in game then? and how many ? you know (ex an custom footman with all the settings you said then i have to place them on the ground on the tarrain layer? if you understand me ?

Level 4
And now when we are on it, in the replay there show how to make the trigger, it say in start
Events:

Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an abillity

when i try to make this is just show unit as red and i cant just select Unit. ?

Level 4
Set loc = (Position of (Casting Unit))
Set TempGroup = (Units within 900.00 of loc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))))

and i can't find thoes?

Level 9
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

And btw whats this?

Leaks are the objects which you don't need anymore and should delete. Many leaks increases lags.
RemoveLocation(udg_loc) removes unneeded point, DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup) destroyes variable group.

You wrote that you have WEU. In WEU you can make this actions without jass.

Set loc = (Position of (Casting Unit))
Set TempGroup = (Units within 900.00 of loc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)))))

and i can't find thoes?

Triggers --> Actions --> Set Variable
loc is variable of type point (location) and TempGroup is variable of type unitgroup

Level 6
Tell him to not double post and he triple posts lol. I do this too sometimes but in the future use Edit. "loc" is a point(location) variable. "TempGroup" is a group(unit group) variable. To set "loc" create a point variable name it "loc" go to set variable. "TempGroup" will be pick every unit in range matching condition. Don't use "casting unit" use triggering unit. Don't understand when you said "when i try to make this is just show unit as red". Are you saying you can see the dummy units? If so make them have no model. "i cant just select Unit. ?" You want to manually cast the entangling roots with the dummies? Maybe I don't understand.

Level 4
Okay all thanks alot but im dropping it, im to "stupid" to understand it, ill ask you later when i got some more time used with scripting in WE, but all thanks alot and sorry for the triple posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.