• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AoE Ability based off of Hero Stat Not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
  • TaurenChieftan WarStomp Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Tauren Chieftain
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.50) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
why does this not work? I basically copied and pasted it off of several other threads using this same setup, same ability all claiming to have no issues....? Help please. I have been working on this one ability for nearly 5ish hours now... feeling kinda stupid for not being able to figure it out. especially when I downloaded a demo using this same setup that worked and all I did was copy and paste this trigger to my map now it doesn't work... and I didn't change anything...

Level 16
It is supposed to be (Matching unit), not (Picked unit) in your Unit Group pick line.

On a side note, you should add this before picking the group to prevent leaks.

• Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
You may also want to store (Triggering unit) to a variable to increase efficiency and avoid the painful drop & scroll in GUI.

Position of (Triggering unit) leaks also. Clean that.

Helpful links:

+http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/
+http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rials-279/things-gui-user-should-know-233242/

Level 3
It is supposed to be (Matching unit), not (Picked unit) in your Unit Group pick line.

On a side note, you should add this before picking the group to prevent leaks.

You may also want to store (Triggering unit) to a variable to increase efficiency and avoid the painful drop & scroll in GUI.

Position of (Triggering unit) leaks also. Clean that.

Helpful links:

+http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/
+http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rials-279/things-gui-user-should-know-233242/

I used Matching unit to start with and it also did not work. I know about the leaks ( I will take care of that as soon as I get the spell to function properly).

Level 16
That is peculiar. I will investigate this a bit. Expect my answer later.

Don't double post btw. Use this button
edit.gif
to edit your previous post and merge the two of them :)

Level 9
Use variables for things, it will make it easier to change stuff around if you decide to later. Make sure it's the correct war stomp ability, there are two of them.

• TaurenChieftain WarStomp Damage
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Tauren Chieftain
  • Actions
    • Set - v_Unit = (Triggering unit)
    • Set - v_wsDamage = ((Strength of (v_Unit) (Include bonuses)) x 1.5)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of (Position of (v_Unit)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set - v_TempUnit = (Picked unit)
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Owner of (v_Unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (v_TempUnit))) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Cause (v_Unit) to damage (v_TempUnit), dealing (v_wsDamage) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
          • Else - Actions

Level 3
Well I told you I felt stupid.... I was using the wrong War Stomp.... Total noob move ...... it works perfectly now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.