• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Anyone still play Diablo II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play Diablo 2 on a regular basis. I do it in periods though, not continuously.
So when I play, I play a lot and then leave the game completely for a while.

I used to play on b.net a lot. But nowadays I play single player only.
I never ever use training programs, only for testing builds.
So every single item I have is self found.

I friggin love Diablo 2!

Level 16
I play Diablo 2 on a regular basis. I do it in periods though, not continuously.
So when I play, I play a lot and then leave the game completely for a while.

I used to play on b.net a lot. But nowadays I play single player only.
I never ever use training programs, only for testing builds.
So every single item I have is self found.

I friggin love Diablo 2!
so you don't play on the Ladder then?

so you don't play on the Ladder then?

Nope.
I got tired of the main and all shadowing flaw of Diablo 2. The ability to dupe items.
Besides. Ladder is just boosting your character to a reasonable level and then do Baal runs hosted by a bot.

I find it a lot more rewarding to take my time with each act, and truly feel when my character gains a level or finds a new item.
Obviously I have an MF character, but all the items are still farmed by yours truly, and no one else :)

Level 16
Nope.
I got tired of the main and all shadowing flaw of Diablo 2. The ability to dupe items.
Besides. Ladder is just boosting your character to a reasonable level and then do Baal runs hosted by a bot.

I find it a lot more rewarding to take my time with each act, and truly feel when my character gains a level or finds a new item.
Obviously I have an MF character, but all the items are still farmed by yours truly, and no one else :)
Oh so when you played ladder you didn't play legit?

I have always just played the legit way.

Well if your ever interested to play ladder, let me know. I just hit 16 today and I try to play from one way point to another every other day.

I don't like to dupe, or use chant bots, but if your ok with that I'd be happy to have a friend to come join in on the fun.

Oh so when you played ladder you didn't play legit?

I have always just played the legit way.

Well if your ever interested to play ladder, let me know. I just hit 16 today and I try to play from one way point to another every other day.

I don't like to dupe, or use chant bots, but if your ok with that I'd be happy to have a friend to come join in on the fun.

That's a strange conclusion. I played as legit as I could. I have never duped, used maphack, or hosted bots.
Though when you play on b.net you will eventually get in contact with illegal items and Baalrun bots.

Boosting a character through acts was (I guess it still is) the norm, and that is just a minor game flaw. Nothing illegal about that.

I hate when people cheat thus I don't do it myself.

Well, I am on the euro ladder so USwest must be the ladder that has the worst connection for me.
Besides, as I said, singleplayer is the way for me now :)

However. O b.net could be an option if you decided to go singleplayer. But in that case I would need to know you better since O b.net you use singleplayer characters, thus you can cheat all you want.
And I don't play with cheaters, and my characters may not get "infected" by such.

Level 16
I have an olf offline single player account, but that guys hit 99 many many years ago. I have one fo every chr thats beyond patriarch, and without ladder item the game isn't as fun

as for the baal Bots, and rushing, while its not illegal, its still not legit imo. before the good ol reset before d3 came out, I would just leave when bots entered and agther 4 friends to just do private matches and we did fine.. Uber runs were the best!

you cant do them in singleplayer offline modes

I have an olf offline single player account, but that guys hit 99 many many years ago. I have one fo every chr thats beyond patriarch, and without ladder item the game isn't as fun

as for the baal Bots, and rushing, while its not illegal, its still not legit imo. before the good ol reset before d3 came out, I would just leave when bots entered and agther 4 friends to just do private matches and we did fine.. Uber runs were the best!

you cant do them in singleplayer offline modes

I have never had a level 99 char before. Always got tired of doing Baalruns before getting there.
My highest char was a level 96 Assassin on b.net.
I have never had that many friends playing Diablo 2 so it was hard to avoid the bots completely.

I use a mod where at least the ladder only runewords are enabled. I don't see that as cheating in single player. The mod is widely accepted in the Diablo 2 community.
As for ladder only uniques, I can't remember if the mod enables them as well.

Level 16
I have never had a level 99 char before. Always got tired of doing Baalruns before getting there.
My highest char was a level 96 Assassin on b.net.
I have never had that many friends playing Diablo 2 so it was hard to avoid the bots completely.

I use a mod where at least the ladder only runewords are enabled. I don't see that as cheating in single player. The mod is widely accepted in the Diablo 2 community.
As for ladder only uniques, I can't remember if the mod enables them as well.
again I have only considered Playing Legit as means for fun... using hacks and mods isnt my style for playing the game for its realism.

I have downloaded mods for diablo as well, but only d1 the hell mod because it revives what no one plays anymore.

Level 16
It's a mod that enables nothing more than ladder runewords so you can play singleplayer and avoid bots, dupers, maphackers and still be able to create ladder runewords.
This does not change the game in any way (well other than that of course).
But i can play singleplayer... online.. in a private game.. thats the same thing, but with no mod...Plus if i want I have have friend join my private game, without downloading anything extra...

What would be the point?

Legit is the only way to go IMO.

Come join with me in the fun, plus the chr is saved online

But i can play singleplayer... online.. in a private game.. thats the same thing, but with no mod...Plus if i want I have have friend join my private game, without downloading anything extra...

What would be the point?

Ah yeah you have a point there. None of the few friends who played Diablo 2 plays it anymore, so I never run into that problem :)

Level 16
man I remember when I played, I ran a Dark Ranger and a Meleemancer, those were so fun. I'd absolutely loved my Humongous Giant Axe; I was unstoppable. Then there was my Dark Ranger, I think I had a few uniques, but mostly a customized socketed kit.

I wish I could start playing again.
hmmm Dark Ranger... (googles dark ranger builds). I never seen or heard of that...
Melee Necro I have heard of though.
Want to still play?

Level 16
Headed to play some d2 ladder Now if anyone wants to join in.

Account: JCarrill0@USWest.
Character name JCarrillo, level 16 Paladin.

Edit: QUEST UPDATE: Sisters to the Slaughter
starting in Monastery (Inner Cloister) till Monastery Catacombs (Level 2)

Last edited:
Level 16
Dark Rangers are ranged Necromancers, bow/crossbow\thrown weapon users.
Oh ok, that's makes sense.
I might have to try this...

Headed back to play some d2 ladder Now if anyone wants to join in.

QUEST UPDATE: Sisters to the Slaughter
I got a lot of Rare items, one chest dropped 3 at once, and I found an Infernal Cranium too! (found Cleglaw's Claw the other day) Not bad to find 2 set item in one act without farming them!
Starting in Monastery Catacombs (Level 2) till I kill Andariel and finish Act I.

UPDATE: Just found Arctic Furs in Cata 3!

Final update for today: Finished Act 1 and finally decided to trade my Blood Crescent in for a much better blue Grand Scepter.

Account: JCarrill0@USWest.
Character name JCarrillo, level 17 Paladin. Ladder (Not Expansion)

Attachments

• D2_USWL_Arctic Furs.jpg
    D2_USWL_Arctic Furs.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 303
  • D2_USWL_Blood Crescent.jpg
    D2_USWL_Blood Crescent.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 582
  • D2_USWL_Cleglaw's Claw.jpg
    D2_USWL_Cleglaw's Claw.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 495
  • D2_USWL_Infernal Cranium.jpg
    D2_USWL_Infernal Cranium.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
Level 16
Lemme know if you get ahold of a Humongous Giant Axe, I'd be happy to help you spec a Meleemancer.
I do have one on the xpac toon, But Im interested in a dark ranger.
Wait wait wait. You play classic Diablo 2? Uhf... that's a pain to hear.
I have the expansion, its just the way I'm doing normal on him. after I kill diablo I will convert to xpac chr

As a dark ranger, you want to spec towards bow damage and your mana pool. Save skillpoints for Bone Shield, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, Bone Wall, Confusion/Attract, and Corpse Explosion. Go jewel hunting for a set that would provide a huge boost to one of these aspects, you want to act like artillery, you're no tank, you're barely a caster compared to most other necromancers. What you wanna do is cause as much chaos as you can from a backline, with others like barbarians taking the damage for you.

If you can, record Dark Ranger sessions, put 'em on Youtube, I'd love to see how you handle it.

Level 16
As a dark ranger, you want to spec towards bow damage and your mana pool. Save skillpoints for Bone Shield, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, Bone Wall, Confusion/Attract, and Corpse Explosion. Go jewel hunting for a set that would provide a huge boost to one of these aspects, you want to act like artillery, you're no tank, you're barely a caster compared to most other necromancers. What you wanna do is cause as much chaos as you can from a backline, with others like barbarians taking the damage for you.

If you can, record Dark Ranger sessions, put 'em on Youtube, I'd love to see how you handle it.
So not good for solo play?

Well scratch that idea. I'm probably going to be a skelly mancer if anything.

oo nice, what is better though, skelly or ranger?

Hm I dunno. I have never played a Dark Ranger.
Though I can tell you a summoner (skelly) is crazy at staying alive and have a decent killing speed. Act bosses can be a little difficult though.
Summoner is one of my favorite builds.

Vermillion has to answer the ranger question. I can't calculate how well such a character will do. But Bonewall will certainly make survival easier, I'm just not sure about the range damage.

Level 16
Hm I dunno. I have never played a Dark Ranger.
Though I can tell you a summoner (skelly) is crazy at staying alive and have a decent killing speed. Act bosses can be a little difficult though.
Summoner is one of my favorite builds.

Vermillion has to answer the ranger question. I can't calculate how well such a character will do. But Bonewall will certainly make survival easier, I'm just not sure about the range damage.

would you consider playing a necro with me to show me or I can play the necro and you can try something else?

Level 16
I'm too busy to play Diablo right now, and there is still the issue with us being on servers so far from each other.
But what is it you want help with? A necro build?
Nah I don't need help, just trying to find friends to play with.
I been playing d2 far too long to not know at least one build for each class.

New stuff is only fun if you got someone to play it with.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Don't have a ladder character now but I used to flaunt a pretty badass summoning necro with perfect Beast, CTA and 2 perfect SOJ. I also remember trying to do a perfect auradin build but it was slow as fuck and nowhere near as awesome as I wanted it to be.

May pick it up again at some point, but right now I'm kind of trying out ROS.

Level 16
Don't have a ladder character now but I used to flaunt a pretty badass summoning necro with perfect Beast, CTA and 2 perfect SOJ. I also remember trying to do a perfect auradin build but it was slow as fuck and nowhere near as awesome as I wanted it to be.

May pick it up again at some point, but right now I'm kind of trying out ROS.
cool stuff, let me know if you start it back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.