• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone still actively playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I played this a while back and want to continue, but my 2-3 irl friends don't care anymore so I thought how about I try and join some rpg groups here on hive?

I saw the list of people playing, and if someone is willing to tell me the usual times that people gather to play, I'd join at Garena.

I have a 25 level Squire.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I don't have BNet account. I currently have Garena and Game Ranger, but I can download other software if needed (anything except pay for a BNet account)

I do play with entconnect.

What is entconnect?

Level 5
"but I can download other software if needed (anything except pay for a BNet account)"

May I ask why? You've been on hive for 6 years, I think its worth 13€...

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

"but I can download other software if needed (anything except pay for a BNet account)"

May I ask why? You've been on hive for 6 years, I think its worth 13€...

Few reasons:

#1 - I'm not making money, so my budget is limited. The least thing I want is to spend money on games.
#2 - BNet as a service is free, but you cannot play Warcraft III custom maps online. You can play any other Blizzard game, even WoW and Diablo have free endless trials and you can have Starcraft II free and play custom games all day everyday for no price.
#3 - Cuz I don't have to. There are so many alternatives and its only matter of time to find a group of people to play maps on the same platform.

Hive has nothing to do with BNet account. I have been happily playing wc3 on Game Ranger for years.

Also, when I would have money to spend on whatever, I will consider it heavily because as you say, I love warcraft so much I may even purchase the game with a BNet key out of sheer respect for Blizzard. Its just that the time isn't now.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

He means the battle.net platform is free. Just like how the Steam platform is free.

Yeah I meant this.

Also all hails to @Risk.frishers for giving a random stranger a BNet key. The random stranger is me :p

Guess I'm part of the legit community now :D

Level 5
Yeah I meant this.

Also all hails to @Risk.frishers for giving a random stranger a BNet key. The random stranger is me :p

Guess I'm part of the legit community now :D

Welcome! Glad to be of service

"(If you have battle.net) The best way to find a game nowadays is by going to http://makemehost.com/games.php.

Ctrl+F - type in Gaias and join one of those 2 games."

Hope you find games easier now :)

Level 8
That's because you can't. You need a RoC and a tFT key to play war3 custom maps on battle.net. For reference, you can play starcraft II custom maps on battle.net with no Key.

Sure it is possible to play war3 custom maps for free (technically illegally)... just not on battle.net

Status
Not open for further replies.