• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there still an active community for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, I haven't played Warcraft III in years and I recently happened upon Gaias Retaliation in a custom game and I'm really enjoying it. I play on the US Battle.net and I just started the game about 30 minutes ago.

Although I encountered what seemed to be a bug, (interiors to buildings were all dark,) and had to quit the game.. I was enjoying it. I was playing solo, though. The game started with about 5 people, but they all left.

Is there still an active playerbase or a group of players dedicated to this ORPG? If so, where can I find it? (I've read briefly on Garena or something, but I've never used whatever that is.)

Also, is there a place I can read up on the game, like a FAQ or Tutorial? I looked in-game and browsed briefly on this forum, but could not find anything.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
For your questions:

Yes there is a more or less permanent community, which has a temporary decrease in population every time the newest patch gets too old (like now for instance). You should go to Garena net instead of Battle.net. More people there in Room 'EU RPG 08 (Vampire)'. You can easily find out what garena is by searching google.

The lighting bug I think is caused by your graphic settings not being set to high.

You can read up on different things about the game in the "guides & Database" section of this forum.

- You should really come to Garena. There are even two Gaias Retaliation-only bots hosting there (again in room EU RPG 08). 'Gaias Retaliation' bot is for all players, while the 'dungeonhost' bot is for higher lvled players looking for a decent group. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Level 2
You should really come to Garena. There are even two Gaias Retaliation-only bots hosting there
He can access the very same bots through BNet.

To OP:
Install Garena and join a group (or groups) related to Gaia's Retaliation. Most of us are in Fellowship of Fun (Group ID: 166240) and you can definitely find other players there.

For guides, just check the Guides & Databases section.

Level 10
Yeah to access the same bots on Garena on bnet just add either gaiashostbot or gaiasdungeon to your friends list and the gaias/bnet community are unified in once group. As jumbo said though There is always a Gaias community like myself, but were not always active were just waiting for the new version.

Level 2
For your questions:
Yes there is a more or less permanent community, which has a temporary decrease in population every time the newest patch gets too old (like now for instance). You should go to Garena net instead of Battle.net. More people there in Room 'EU RPG 08 (Vampire)'. You can easily find out what garena is by searching google.
The lighting bug I think is caused by your graphic settings not being set to high.
You can read up on different things about the game in the "guides & Database" section of this forum.
- You should really come to Garena. There are even two Gaias Retaliation-only bots hosting there (again in room EU RPG 08). 'Gaias Retaliation' bot is for all players, while the 'dungeonhost' bot is for higher lvled players looking for a decent group. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I had my graphics on full everything at the time I was playing, I RARELY change them. The interiors did seem to be fine the next game, though.

He can access the very same bots through BNet.

To OP:
Install Garena and join a group (or groups) related to Gaia's Retaliation. Most of us are in Fellowship of Fun (Group ID: 166240) and you can definitely find other players there.

For guides, just check the Guides & Databases section.

Thanks. I must have missed the Guides section, I browsed through the forum really quick, but I didn't see anything related to it. I'll take a second look. If I can figure out how to use Garena, I will join the group.

I just hope new players are better received than the experiences I've had thus far in the game..

Yeah to access the same bots on Garena on bnet just add either gaiashostbot or gaiasdungeon to your friends list and the gaias/bnet community are unified in once group. As jumbo said though There is always a Gaias community like myself, but were not always active were just waiting for the new version.

I've had the bots added, the host bot is actually how I found the game in the first place.

Level 18
Thanks for the information. I had my graphics on full everything at the time I was playing, I RARELY change them. The interiors did seem to be fine the next game, though.

Thanks. I must have missed the Guides section, I browsed through the forum really quick, but I didn't see anything related to it. I'll take a second look. If I can figure out how to use Garena, I will join the group.

I just hope new players are better received than the experiences I've had thus far in the game..

I've had the bots added, the host bot is actually how I found the game in the first place.

The thing is that there's only 1 path to follow while leveling so leveling up guys gets pretty boring after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.