• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone else excited for Resistance 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I know I am!!!:grin:

Best trailer ever

Sniff... I'm so proud of Isomaniac and their podcasts...

banner100.jpg

Erm, its really 91... ha, who cares!

Gamingheaven -- 97/100

1up -- B+

IGN -- 9.5/10

OPM -- 9/10

NZ gamer -- 92/100

Gamerplayer -- 90/100

VG tilt -- 10/10

Eurogamer -- 10/10

titlesingleplayer.jpg

titlecoop.jpg

titlemultiplayer.jpg

Level 7
I'm sure it will be fantastic, and all the Playstation 3 kids will say that this redeems their making a terrible choice of consoles, but it only comes out on the PS3, so I don't really care.

EDIT: Christ, 8-Player co-op will be beastly though.

Level 17
I'd rather be playing gears 2, good to see PS3 owners have something decent to play with though.

grats, enjoy. 8 player co-op does sound ok

Oh and that 100% metacritic score is Lol bullshit -_- Although quantity was never something to boast about

Quality > Quantity (I'm not implying anything, I'm just throwing that out there to those who think all that matters is 60 player Death match.) I actually prefer having less people playing, its a more tight combat experience where you really feel like your playing with a close group of friends and it forces you to strategize more.

But w/e, if I had a Ps3 I'd definitely get this. If it was on 360, I'd also get it. (not before gears though)

Level 17
Really, have you tried it?
If you did, did you start comparing it with blah, Gears of War 2?

I've beaten it, and played multiplayer (At my bros). No, it is not a fail game. It is fun. But gears of war 2 is just better in every aspect I can think of (Although not significantly in most).

But Lol, both of the games have terrible endings.

Level 36
Yeah it was fail. It failed at its purpose. Resistance 2 was supposed to rescue PS3 from the gutter (Just like the first one) by giving people a reason to buy a PS3. Sadly, Resistance 2 is not good enough to justify buying a PS3, failing at its purpose.

It was a decent game, for sure, but it wasn't what it was supposed to be.

Level 17
Yeah it was fail. It failed at its purpose. Resistance 2 was supposed to rescue PS3 from the gutter (Just like the first one) by giving people a reason to buy a PS3. Sadly, Resistance 2 is not good enough to justify buying a PS3, failing at its purpose.

It was a decent game, for sure, but it wasn't what it was supposed to be.

I've seen people buy an PS3 for the sole purpose of this game...

And wow, you really think the developers would say "Well, we want everyone to start buying PS3s because of this game..."

Stop making posts like that... It didn't have a sole purpose, it was just a game that was suppose to be better than Resistance 1... And please, don't tell me it fails on that too...

Level 36
No, the first one sucked even harder actually. And yes, that is its point. To be an exclusive title good enough to rescue the floundering PS3.

Exclusive titles are created with the idea that the game has to be unique enough that people will want to stick with the console it's released on so they can play the game.

The very best example of this is Halo. When the xbox was just starting out, there was no incentive to buy it. The PS2 already had a bunch of exclusive series' carrying over from the PS1, so everyone thought that it would be the clear winner.

When Halo came around, it catapulted the Xbox past the PS2, people were buying them in droves. When Halo 2 came out it was basically the best selling exclusive title of all time. It wasn't a good game, but the hype surrounding it was so much so that it outsold everything, and solidified Xbox's position on the top.

Now, the PS3 has never had a title like that. While the 360 has had enough exclusive titles to cement the 360 as a reputable console, what with Gears of War, Halo 3, Gears 2, Dead Rising, Fable 2, etc. You may not like these games, but since the majority of people do, they give people a reason to choose the 360 over the PS3.

Now, since we've got that bit over with. Back to Resistance 2. THAT IS IT'S JOB. It is supposed to be an exclusive title that will draw boatloads of customers in to buy PS3's so that Sony can make enough money to support itself. At this point in the game I don't really think they care about profit.

And the fact of the matter is that it's not good enough (or well promoted) to do that. So it's a failure. Promotion matters. To Sony, it's all about the sales. Sales determine success or failure for the Playstation 3, and if the sales aren't there, Sony is losing money.

Level 17
Fact is, it's not about the Playstation 3 not having good titles.

It's just that Sony is fucking stupid. See, when Microsoft sniffs up a potentially killer app they feed it some funding jab a few needles in its neck and stamp artwork, trailers, advertisements EVERY WHERE.

Microsoft KNOWS how to hype a game, and knows what game could be a potentially killer app that Brad mentioned.

Sony on the other hand, is a fucking joke when it comes to this department. Heavnly sword, they had a jewel on their hands. But no one even knows about it, because sony is an idiot and decided to start hyping up that major failure of a game called Haze.

Little big planet, COME ON, that game is a Wii killer. No fooling. But I haven't seen Sony giving the LEAST bit of effort marketing it, it could have easily attracted some users from the Wii fan base, since it couldn't possibly deter the Hardcore fanbase of the 360.

Sony needs to start taking tips from Microsoft. Both consoles have great games, but Microsoft knows how to sell them.

Sony doesnt.

Level 17
It's not really any more super than the 360. That's no excuse. The PS3 is basically already dead, so unless Sony can get an exclusive megahit out, it's done.

Wow, so you think that a system is dead just because Resistance didn't do the job?

SINCE WHEN WAS THE PS3 a DREAMCAST?

Have you been living in a 360 village? Cause I don't know how your getting that info unless you've been infected by 360 fanboys who want to kill PS3 for the sole reason of competition and... That's it... 360 fanboys just wants the PS3 to die and the 360 to rule mainly because they married it... There are PS3 users... And its really easy to find them... Like when I visited America and a friend had a PS3 instead of an 360... Actually I think there were more PS3 users than 360 that we visited...

"So that Sony can get enough money to support themselves"

Now, I have to say, this is the crappiest thing I've seen from you so far...
Sony is not all about PS3 if you didn't notice... It will support itself even if producing a PS3 is actually $500..

ragingspeedhorn's post should not sum up anything...

MAINLY because obviously. he hasn't played Resistance 2 yet...

Brad.Dude, I doubt you did too...

Another thing, 360 fanboys have truly infected anywhere with PS3 lies... Honestly, they exploit PS3 things and make it look like its really bad...

And don't tell me that Blu-Ray isn't the way to go... Many developers wants a large disc space to play with...

Blu-Ray truly sums it up... NOT HD-DVD...

Level 17
Funny how 360 games look better with a maximum capacity of 6.8 something GB. Then we've got PS3 people bragging about Blu-ray claiming that their games "take up like 20 GB!"

Nice! And the 360 games STILL look better. Blu-ray is for dumbtards who can't optimize for shit.

We don't NEED that much space yet, very few games actually require more space with optimization. I'd like to thank the Playstation 3 for crash testing Blu-ray gaming for us. I'm sure it will be useful in the future when games need much more space, but they don't now.

Sorry about this rant, but I hate it when sony boys start talking shit about how "Blu-ray zomg owns anything".

And for the record, I think Blu-ray movies don't look a shit different from HD-DVD movies.

And your post also leads me to believe you don't even know what "sums it up" means.

-Particle Effects are shit
-Any game mechanics that were slightly original in the first have been switch for Halo's mechanics, with some Unreal Tournament in it for the secondary fire.
-60 player online has already been achieved on the PC, but it's a damn good step in the right direction.
-8 player co-op... ok. Doesn't make a game.
-Gameplay looks very average.
-The game has lost any sense of style it had from the first.

Really, this isn't going to save the PS3. Gears 2 is better or equal in every possible way, excluding the (admittedly awesome) 60 player online.

Level 17
Hello, where have you been? Sony is on the verge of bankrupcy. JUST LIKE SEGA WAS. HOLY FUCK, IMAGINE THAT!

And unless they get a game out that will make the PS3 worth its extraordinarily huge price, it will fail. It will all fail.

Wow. You know that Sony won't be in the "verge" of bankruptcy...

Since when did their cameras, memory sticks, tv, laptops and all of those crap become obsolete?

You do know that almost all companies are getting affected by the world economy's landslide...

And why do you call it "extraordinarily huge price"?

Because you can't play fake and cheaped up games?

Because you think that the features inside it aren't worth it?

Because you think its always getting broken?

The PS3 I have is 599 dollars...

And I haven't spend more than 800 dollars on anything related to it... And its working well and I still love it... I know a classmate who spend

400 for XBOX
200 for some crappy repairs
200 repairs again
150 for installing this thing to prevent RROD
less than 25 for batteries until
50 for rechargable batteries
90 for wireless (Had to move)

Ahem... He had some hectic time with it... And no, I don't hate him nor do I start debating about his xbox...

MKAY!

Next, WillAllMighty, thanks for the models I requested to be fixed, but damn, if your gonna post, replace "looks" with "is" and don't watch the game in damn youtube...

And since when was Particle Effects a major thing for everyone?

And who said that they adapted Halo and UT mechanics?

Anyone could have done that to their games without even having any inspiration from others... admit it...

Level 34
You can call me fanboy anytime you want...

I just don't like it when they deteriorate the PS3 for no reason at all...

It makes me pretty defensive...
Apparently.

IGN - Resistance 2: 9.5
IGN - Gears 2: 9.5

GameTrailers - Resistance 2: 9.1
GameTrailers - Gears 2: 9.5

Just for comparison reasons since it was brought up.

The only thing I have against Resistance, is the fact that it doesn't bring anything new to the table. If it is supposed to be a reason to buy a PS3, it should be revolutionary. I'd say Little Big Planet is more of a reason. Basically Gears of War and Resistance cancel each other out as a reason to buy either.

Oh and Ratchet and Clank, but that's only if you're a fan of the series brad. Same with GoW3. They're just new versions of an old game really (although I could be wrong).

Level 17
Apparently.

IGN - Resistance 2: 9.5
IGN - Gears 2: 9.5

GT - Resistance 2: 9.1
GT - Gears 2: 9.5

I don't really give a crap if Gears of War 2 has slightly higher ratings in some sites...

What really makes me pissed is how everyone wants to compare those 2 games together...

Completely different games, no objectives to smash each other in a console war, no competition from both of them... yet people are cheering and jumping because GoW 2 has a slightly higher rating made by people with different opinions...

EDIT after your edit...

Yeah, you really had to bring that up...

I don't think anyone will care...

GoW boys still GoW lovers

R2 boys still R2 lovers...

Level 34
I don't really give a crap if Gears of War 2 has slightly higher ratings in some sites...

What really makes me pissed is how everyone wants to compare those 2 games together...

Completely different games, no objectives to smash each other in a console war, no competition from both of them... yet people are cheering and jumping because GoW 2 has a slightly higher rating made by people with different opinions...
I didn't post those because one is higher, I posted them to settle which was better, and I'd say that they are basically even; you just jumped to the defense right away.

Note: I'm totally objective to both because I've never tried either.

And I'd say GoW and Res2 are similar games. As similar as two games usually get without being a total rip-off.
EDIT after your edit...

Yeah, you really had to bring that up...

I don't think anyone will care...

GoW boys still GoW lovers

R2 boys still R2 lovers...
I'm just totally confused on what you're trying to say. You seem to be dissing the games on the PS3 now.

Level 34
If Final Fantasy XIII will be exclusive, then I'll get an PS3, if not then I most likely won't. So far one of the few games I really want to play that is exclusive to Sony is Naughty Dogs' game Uncharted: Drakes Fortune.
Ooo, I like Naughty Dog, I'll be checking that out.

And FF 13 is supposed to be on the 360 as well, from what I hear.

Edit: Checked. It looks pretty good, although it doesn't really get me pumped since the action looks pretty standard. The level of detail is amazing, but I'm disappointed they are leaving behind cartoonish games. The Jak series was one of the best ever. This just doesn't seem to be of that caliber.

Level 36
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is actually supposed to be sucky as well.

As for everything that you said Vicboy, total BS. Sony has actually been on the fritz for years now, and the PS3, when it was released, came with the hope that it would bail the company out.

Blu-ray is actually the only reason that Sony has not collapsed. Blu ray won out long before the economic crisis began to hit the world.

Their laptop batteries are exploding. Their TV sales are way down in the face of cheaper LCD and higher-end Plasma competitors. Their laptops are all but pushes aside by the likes of HP, Dell and Acer.

And the PS3 is being destroyed by the combined might of the Wii and the 360.

So that leaves memory sticks. You can't keep a multi-national corporation afloat selling naught by memory sticks.

As for your completely BS 360 price analysis: I bought a 360 Premium for 300 bucks. That's it. Hard drive and wireless controller included, GTA IV thrown in for free. Oh, look at that. If I really wanted to, I could have bought a Core package for $199, but I have big plans for the hard drive. RRoD doesn't exist anymore. You don't get charged for any repairs, it's called a warranty you biased fuck. Broke your warranty seal? Shouldn't have been fucking with the insides then eh?

That's all there is to it. I'm a PC fanboy first and foremost, but when it comes to electronics, Sony is shit.

Level 36
If the rest of Sony collapsed around Columbia or whatever company it is they own, it would probably get enough money to buy its way out from the company, becoming independent or selling to someone else.

Like I said, movies/blu ray are the only reason Sony is still a corporation right now. PS3 sales haven't been enough to turn profit.

Hell, Sony Ericsson is practically collapsing on its own accord because Sony can't give them any of their money.

Level 36
I didn't think two hundred year old American financial institutions would go bust either, but they sure proved me wrong.

Anything can happen when a company is doing as dangerously bad as Sony. With a multibillion dollar company, I don't think even the revenues from top blockbuster movies can do much if the rest of the company is in a deficit.

Level 17
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is actually supposed to be sucky as well.

As for everything that you said Vicboy, total BS. Sony has actually been on the fritz for years now, and the PS3, when it was released, came with the hope that it would bail the company out.

Blu-ray is actually the only reason that Sony has not collapsed. Blu ray won out long before the economic crisis began to hit the world.

Their laptop batteries are exploding. Their TV sales are way down in the face of cheaper LCD and higher-end Plasma competitors. Their laptops are all but pushes aside by the likes of HP, Dell and Acer.

And the PS3 is being destroyed by the combined might of the Wii and the 360.

So that leaves memory sticks. You can't keep a multi-national corporation afloat selling naught by memory sticks.

As for your completely BS 360 price analysis: I bought a 360 Premium for 300 bucks. That's it. Hard drive and wireless controller included, GTA IV thrown in for free. Oh, look at that. If I really wanted to, I could have bought a Core package for $199, but I have big plans for the hard drive. RRoD doesn't exist anymore. You don't get charged for any repairs, it's called a warranty you biased fuck. Broke your warranty seal? Shouldn't have been fucking with the insides then eh?

That's all there is to it. I'm a PC fanboy first and foremost, but when it comes to electronics, Sony is shit.

Loooooooookie...

Do you notice me saying that Sony is the best and that it's better than Apple? NO! (Sorry, got my iPod today...)

All I'm saying is that you're under-rating them so much...

And how can you tell that Sony's been having problems lately if they've been selling?

Even if your in third place, it doesn't mean you're going bankrupt. Just because the PS3 hasn't sold like crazy doesn't mean that they fail...

Sony isn't shit and it has a good history to back it up...

Look, give me good evidence that Sony is on the verge of bankruptcy and maybe I will doubt what I think about what your saying...

Level 36
Like I said, AIG had a great history, and was far older and more established and higher earning than Sony ever was or will be. It had to get bailed out by the US government.

Sony is in the same boat. Not just is the PS3 doing badly, so is everything else, with the exception of Sony Pictures/Blu Ray.

I'm not underrating them. There are plenty of previously awesome Sony titles, God of War, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

But none now.

http://www.123jump.com/earnings-calls/Sony-Earnings-Call-Second-Quarter-2008/30119

Level 17
Like I said, AIG had a great history, and was far older and more established and higher earning than Sony ever was or will be. It had to get bailed out by the US government.

Sony is in the same boat. Not just is the PS3 doing badly, so is everything else, with the exception of Sony Pictures/Blu Ray.

I'm not underrating them. There are plenty of previously awesome Sony titles, God of War, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

But none now.

... what happened to the loud mouth I've always heard?

You took your coffee now?

Heh, whatever made you this quiet should keep coming...

Level 36
Loud mouth? I'm just restating what I've been saying this entire thread. Sony is weak, all of it's sales areas are weak, the PS3 is weak, and the only reason that it's still afloat right now is because of the Blu-Ray disc and Sony Pictures.

That's it. I'm not saying I hate Sony. I'm not saying it's a bad company. I've never said that. I'm saying that the PS3 is a lack-luster console that is dragging Sony down, along with nearly everything else that company manufactures, and that Resistance 2 is not the game Sony wants it to be.

It'll turn around for Sony soon enough (maybe not today, maybe not tommorow, but within 2-3 years it'll turn around), I doubt they'll go out and pull a dreamcast on us. The PS3 isn't doing as bad as you are making it out to be. It might not have turned out to be what Sony and most other people had hoped, but it is still selling pretty well and the sales are continuing to go up, even without a pricedrop. But all in all it is safe to say that they definetly lost this round of the console market.

What is dragging Sony down is not that any of their businesses are doing bad, it is that all of them, with the exception of the before mentioned blu-ray market and Sony Pictures, are doing mediocre, their tv's, batteries, etc. etc. are all doing mediocre, but none of them exactly bad.

I like the PS3 and the 360. They're both really valid game consoles with amazing titles coming out for both of them (360 got me with the exclusives though, sorry Sony).

The only console I hate is the Wii. Fuck the Wii. Fuck the Wii in hell.

Resistance 2 looks like a less-than-average shooter with shitty explosions with no sense of art direction and style. Killzone 2 looks like a more-than-average shooter with shitty explosions but nice graphics overall. And Team Ico is going to release their next title on the PS3. Little Big PLanet is pretty awesome. MGS4 was great for MGS fanboys. It also gets the really good non-exclusives too.

The PS3 is an awesome console. So is the 360. Now quit your bitching.

Level 5
Total fail game :p Don't calle me biased, I've been envious of many PS3 exclusives (Ratchet and Clank anyone?), but Resistance 2 is a disappointment.

Wtf .. how is this a fail game? It got nearly perfect scores in every review. Fucking childish fanboy making shut up. When you play the game and experience the ownage .. then please talk. Online is fantastic.

If you don't like ps3 exclusives that's fine ... i'm not a big fan of halo aswell. But saying this is a fail game is rediculeous.

Last edited:
Level 5
This game itself might not make somebody buy a ps3 ... but people are saying ... i'll buy a ps3 for r2, mgs4, warhawk, lbp, gow3, motorstorm1/2 ... whatever. A single exclusive might not want them to buy the console... but a few exclusives which they might want will make them buy a console.

Baha just wait brad.dude till next year ... the last lots of months ps3 been outselling 360. Infact overall this year ps3 has sold more I think. Next year we got gran turismo 5, god of war 3, MAG. All that. I haven't seen any 360 exclusives.

Soon the 360 will be an old machine.

That's all i'm going to say on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.