• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

anybody know of a good emulator for gamecube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
every version made after the last 32 bit build is listed as development builds with no "stable builds" since that.
Not our problem. They messed up their release cycle however since they are approaching a release their versions are pretty stable now. I had no issues playing through the entirety of Xenoblade Chronicals on a "unstable" nightly build.

i am telling you time and time again that many versions have been tested and none of them runs metroid prime 2 as well as the last 32 bit build.
Probably because it emulated the game badly. According to the wiki any 32bit version was incompatible with the game, having major faults (not green compatibility). You will not want to use that since it will not be like playing the real thing. Running slower but correctly is always better with emulators than faster but wrong. This has likely been fixed in the current nightly builds which is why it is slower (well worth it for more accurate emulation).

Hence the solution is to either play it slowly but correctly, or not at all if you cannot accept that.

Have a complaint? Then make it on their forum. For the last time this is not the Dolphin support forum.

Last edited:
Level 21
the emulators i have used that have worked well have run the game accurately.(had to configure it to get accurate emulation though.) the only times it slowed was on the map and the first few minutes i ran it. the only issue was controller emulation but that is even worse in the 64 bit versions. all attempts to configure the 64 bit version to optimise it have failed. i know that this is not the dolphin forum but here i am a member so, it is easier to post here. i have now downloaded the exact version used in the video and that works well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.