• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A warcraft III emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I was wondering if there is a program out there that is stand alone that can emulate warcraft III enough to run the maps without having the entire game installed? If not, is there anyway this could be possible and is anyone working on or willing to work on a project like this?

I would really like such a program because I have friends out there who can't buy the game and I wanted to share my warcraft III maps with them. And it would be nice to beable to create a custom server in which there would be no limits on what size of maps you could host on your server for people to play...

Besides I heard blizzard is getting rid of battle.net for diablo 1 and 2 and
warcraft 1 2 and 3... that would suck... Thanks for any comments.

Level 13
theres always ISOs you have to install the game getting CD for them isnt that hard
and theres a program that lets you have lan games even if they are in a different country
1. i would have to say this is the wrong area but i dont know
2. ISOs are the only way they can get it without buying it
3. WC3 battle chests are cheap
4. You cant play a game that isnt fully installed

Level 7
If you want an emulator you will have to build one yourself .... follow these steps

Learn C++ Advanced
Export all models
Export all data
Export all Icons
Try to remake the JASS compiler that runs in W3

The end product you get after you follow these steps is Warcraft 3 ....

Level 9
Lols. It takes years? Also, thats a nice sense of humor, AJAlex, and Zelda.Alex (what?), its discussion about Warcraft. 'Nuff said. Also, better make sure that they don't go on B.Net, as only one CD-code can log onto B.Net at a time to deter piracy [yes, thats really smart, better then the new asshole installation thing, where you only get limited installs, and some games replenish your install codes, sometimes, e.g Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena], and I thought an Emulator is a thing which will allow game-consoles and hand-helds to run onto a computer. Can someone make an Xbox 360 Diablo 2 emulate?

Status
Not open for further replies.