• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Any way to decrease armor by triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello i wonder if there's any way to decrease the enemies armor via triggers. Not using any dummy unit! Just use triggers. Like "Set current armor - armor -1"
But anyways if that doesn't work could you tell me a spell that decrease armor for a dummy unit. I can't find any spell that decreases armor on the enemy to a dummy unit... Excep the Orb of Corruption, but that spell doesn't work to cast. Just to damage and the dummy unit ain't damaging the unit...

Level 18
Pharoah_ said:
No, you can't :/

Yes you can... well, indirectly.

Take your Ring of Protection ability. Make several abilities, lets do 8. Now, for each of the abilities you'll have to have their armor bonus value as:

You can do the same thing but with negative values for negative effects. Anyways, lets say you wanted a bonus of "3". There is no ability for it, but you can do:

Ability [1] + Ability [2] = +3 Armor

Another example, say... +134 armor.

Ability [128] + Ability [4] + Ability [2] = +134 Armor

I made a library that allowed you to do this easily, by doing: call UnitModifyArmor( theUnit, intArmorBonus )

If you want, I could quickly make another one (since the only version of it I have is for a unit-struct, and my old version was lost in time). Here, you can use this.

Status
Not open for further replies.