• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any new maps in progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
You are asking for Chapter 4, I presume. It's still in planning, and we have been mainly developing the background story and the game concept, which I'd like to call multiplayer game story (MPGS). The project is actually on schedule. I didn't expect anything major to happen any time soon after the release of the Chapter 3. From the past experience, I know that it takes quite a lot of time to recover creative strength and find new inspirations.

At the moment, I think we may find good starting points for the map in October, and programming and mapping may begin in November. I don't think it will be ready for Christmas (like real game projects ;) ), and we'll likely to spend quite a lot of time playing World of WarCraft, if it gets released this year. I expect Chapter 4 to be finished in Q1 or Q2 2005. This is how much time it takes to make a quality adventure in a group of three people, who are working part-time on the project. Most likely we will try to close the series, since WarCraft 3 is getting a bit old as a game/adventure designing environment, but you never know how it turns out... :roll:

Level 12
Don't be too sure about the loss of making great stories with the World of Warcraft. I'm pretty sure there's a whole lot more to it than what's been mentioned.

Level 6
Well, WC3 is not ancient in Q2/2005, but I think we've pretty much explored all it can do by then. I'm also thinking that players may be moving to other games. But note that there will be updates after the release of the chapter, and hence I think we are not leaving WarCraft III before 2006. :)

At the moment, I'm working on the campaign file, which would consist of the three first chapters (all new versions), plus some bonus material. Something "big" will be coming with its release, so keep tuned! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.