• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Any Ideas...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I'm currently developing a terrain at the request of another user.
They have asked for a city that has the resembelance of Thunderbluff (a city on WoW)
No, I don't play WoW myself and never have done! but what I have seen of the city is through google image searches and videos on Youtube.

The question I'm going to ask is; do any of you have any good, inventive ways of creating a Thunder bluff style mountain on the editor?

I myself have a few ideas but I'd love to hear more!
thanks

Level 4
I'm sorry, I wouldn't know, I don't play WoW either, but I am commenting to ask...Why agree to help make a specific terrain that you want to look exactly like something that you have no knowledge of? Meh, kinda bothers me, but if you can get it to look like it without any prior knowledge of playing it then you are quite the trooper.

Level 4
If your serious about the problem, why don't you download wow, create a trial account (its free) make a Tauren, travel to Thunder Bluff and explore it? You will see many interesting details that can't be seen from above.

Level 4
hmm, that's an interesting idea, Rafinius, thanks!
I do know roughly what the city looks like but as I said only from what I could find on videos and image searches!
I'll manage something, lol.
If you get any other interesting terraining ideas let us know! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.