• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is There A Way To make a Buliding invisiable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i have a new map i'm working on called the "City Of Shadows" its like a regular melee map but there is a City of Shadows that cannot be seen at all day or night. so i ask any1 this

is there a way to make a buliding invisiable

Level 3
yes invisible to all players like a nertual creep buliding. and the only way to see it is by a gem of true sight. kind of like making god like shops only seen with the key. the "key" refering to the gem. like a sword that deals a crap load of damage. that no1 else can get but the person who knoes how to get it.

Level 22
But u cant add abilitys to doodads, so u must make a copy of every doodad building.

I think theres another way, just set the transparecy to 0% of all those doodads with this trigger:
Events: Every 0.1 seconds
Conditions: ------
Actions: Pick every doodad within 'a unit with gem of true sight' and do: set transparecy to 100%

I did this without WE so I dunno if this is possible

Level 3
MAke every building be abl;e to be targeted by a spell and make a certain sumthing at the beginning of the game cast a invisiability spell that lasts 9999999999999999999999999999 seconds lol it would work? but ur doodads would be a town hall...units section and changed the model file?

Level 3
no premanent Invisability works perfectly. hehe its going to look funny when some dude is trying to figure out why his units are dying for some reason

Level 2
Try this trigger:
Create a Unit variable first named "Shop" in this trigger
Code:
Reveal Units to GemCarrier
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Shop = (Picked unit)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of Shop)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Picked unit) has (Item carried by (Picked unit) of type Gem of True Seeing)) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Unhide Shop
                                Set Shop = Shop
                            Else - Actions
                                Unit - Hide Shop

Level 3
i agree with u darkshadow this problem has been resolved. dont know why they continue this. the only way to turn a buliding invisible is just by giving it perm invisability

Status
Not open for further replies.