• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am curently working on a map but i run out of ideas for spells. I need help turning passives into actives and making some spells more cosmetically appealing, here are some things i hope some can provides ideas for.

One of my heroes has 2 abilities, one being based off light and the other off of darkness; the light is a modded cleave and the darkness is a life drain without the lightning effect. I want something other than a splash attack for light and a cooler way to have an absorb life for the darkness.

Another hero has the ability to summon hydras as well as create a tsunami. I'd like to stay away from the general tsunami and make something more creative. As for the summoning of the hydra, perhaps a niftier way to make the summon less boring (add restrictions to make it require more tactics or stuff like that.)

That's all i can think of, if you have any ideas at all regarding these abilities, I ask that you post here.

-Drain Pipe

Level 3
i have only one idea (at the moment) for new spells, but i have some old-new spells, i improved on my own for exaple a hp-dependent transmute. the idea is my magnetic-attraction-beam (but still i dont even have good mechanics) you could try.

Level 4
I am curently working on a map but i run out of ideas for spells. I need help turning passives into actives and making some spells more cosmetically appealing, here are some things i hope some can provides ideas for.

One of my heroes has 2 abilities, one being based off light and the other off of darkness; the light is a modded cleave and the darkness is a life drain without the lightning effect. I want something other than a splash attack for light and a cooler way to have an absorb life for the darkness.

Another hero has the ability to summon hydras as well as create a tsunami. I'd like to stay away from the general tsunami and make something more creative. As for the summoning of the hydra, perhaps a niftier way to make the summon less boring (add restrictions to make it require more tactics or stuff like that.)

That's all i can think of, if you have any ideas at all regarding these abilities, I ask that you post here.

-Drain Pipe

Here are a few ideas.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
+Light Hero +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Name: Holy Slash
Description: The Light Hero slashes out a wave of light dealing (#) damage to undead units, while healing allied living units. If an enemy living unit is effected by this then have a 50% chance of changing sides.

*Darkness Hero *
Name: Evil Cloud
Description: Causes a dark cloud to cover an area any unit that step into the cloud starts to become drained of health. That health goes into the caster.

=========================
=Water Hero =
=========================
Name: Hydra
Description: The hero transforms an allied unit into a Hydra under the hero's bidding. The hydra doesn't have a timed life, but it can die. If the hydra dies then the original unit comes back, but can't be changed again.

Level 11
To turn a passive into an active:

Tell me what passive you need and I will give you a hint? I will give you an example how to do Bash:

Bash - Base it off Storm Bolt but change the damage. This one's easy.

Critical strike for example or Cleaving Attack... they depend on what you want them to do. Post here and I will be able to help... Probably

Level 10
you've got me mistaken.

The one hero has the passive light ability as well as the active draining dark one.

A second character is NOT a hydra, but rather a sea-hero human who has a hydra summon. Hope that clears things up.

No it was more chnaging the regualr effects given by a passive to an active more along the lines of IE: an actiavable evasion or something like that. Dunno but i need a bunch of ideas. so keep throwing them out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.