• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Antre des fantômes (Zombies!)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi !

I pick an existant map (PhantomGrove from frozen throne) and i change it with a simple idea :

When a non-undead creature die, it turns to zombie (like death knight rez spell) and become agressive.

It still is a melee map, playable for 2-4 players.

You can use the trigger for another map.

Enjoy !
Contents

Antre des fantômes (Zombies!) (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
So the entire map is just a normal melee with this weird mechanic of spawnming hostile zombies? Yeah no, that's not even effort.
Level 20
So, you've taken an existing map, then added a simple edit of Animate Dead, a simple edit of a Ghost unit and this trigger:

• Zombification
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is Undead) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move Ancient Lich 0149 <gen> instantly to (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Ancient Lich 0149 <gen> to Undead Death Knight - Animate Dead
I'm sorry, but that's really not a lot of effort.

The mechanic itself is simple, but it works and is decently fun. If you made your own map instead of using an existing one (sorry, but that's just lazy), perhaps using like a slightly modified Felwood tileset with a selection of spooky doodads, creep and fog effect to get more of a hunted forest vibe, then added a couple more mechanics that match this theme, for instance some ghosts roaming the forest and casting curses or hexing encountered units, or some trees spawning corrupted treants when they die... Then throw in a handful of custom items that also fit that theme and you could get a really fun and interesting altered-melee halloween map.

Sadly, what you did isn't it - it's just a regular melee map with a fun, but very simple and not very impactful mechanic that took minimum effort to implement. I'm sorry, but for me that's not enough.

Level 4
yeah, its not a huge proportion map. I wanted to add a new gameplay mechanic.
It could appear to be weird, i started with the idea of post-apocalyptic world like in zombie series (every dying units turns into zombie).

Level 4
So, you've taken an existing map, then added a simple edit of Animate Dead, a simple edit of a Ghost unit and this trigger:

• Zombification
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
      • ((Triggering unit) is Undead) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move Ancient Lich 0149 <gen> instantly to (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Ancient Lich 0149 <gen> to Undead Death Knight - Animate Dead
I'm sorry, but that's really not a lot of effort.

The mechanic itself is simple, but it works and is decently fun. If you made your own map instead of using an existing one (sorry, but that's just lazy), perhaps using like a slightly modified Felwood tileset with a selection of spooky doodads, creep and fog effect to get more of a hunted forest vibe, then added a couple more mechanics that match this theme, for instance some ghosts roaming the forest and casting curses or hexing encountered units, or some trees spawning corrupted treants when they die... Then throw in a handful of custom items that also fit that theme and you could get a really fun and interesting altered-melee halloween map.

Sadly, what you did isn't it - it's just a regular melee map with a fun, but very simple and not very impactful mechanic that took minimum effort to implement. I'm sorry, but for me that's not enough.

I totally understand, i sould be change the ambiance with new tilset for more immersion in game.
Nontheless, i prefered using a preexistant map because its balanced for multi..

However i have some ideas to complete the gameplay :
-change creep
-add a refugees camps and crate of gold instead of green and red camp
-possibility for undead player to take controle of zombie and possibility for living race to kill undead easily
and i love your idea with the hunted treants

Level 20
Nontheless, i prefered using a preexistant map because its balanced for multi..
The thing is, your mechanic is already pretty much throwing this balance out of the window, so... I think you should be worried less about balance and more about making a fun map, because let's face it - if two people are going to play your map, they won't do it for a perfectly fair experience, but to have some silly fun.

Thus, even if you weren't able to make a balanced map yourself, I don't think that would matter all that much.