• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Antonidas' Retreat V2.10

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: TheForsaken
Antonidas' Retreat

Antonidas has retreated from his home in Dalaran, due to the invasion of Arthas' Undead Scourge. He as gathered up his surviving bretheren and is now situated in his fortress, just west of the Wizard's Retreat.

An ORPG map where you pick your Hero from 1 of the 4 Taverns and try to kill Antonidas. You can also build a base if you want to and train an army to take him and his minions out. He will surely have an army. Their are 2 minibosses on the map that guard Circles of Power that allow you to transform your Hero. Sir Gregory Edmunson guards the Circle of Power that allows you to turn into an Uber Paladin with more powerful Paladin spells. Rohkan guards the Circle of Power that allows you to turn into a Powerful Demon with some epic spells, including Rain of Chaos and Dark Portal. To transform your Hero, just step on the Circle of Power.

With these powerful Heroes, you should be able to crush Antonidas. These Heroes might be powerful, but they are definitely not unstoppable. Antonidas has quite an army of wizards and golems, but before you get to him, you must seek out the rest of the minibosses including Kil'jaeden, Lady Vashj, and Arthas.

Almost every single normal spell has been adjusted in this map to go up to level 5 and ultimate spells have been adjusted to go up to level 2 (with the exception of the Tinker).

Sir Gregory Edmunson's Army
200270-albums4183-picture39535.gif

Lady Vashj's Throne
200270-albums4183-picture39536.gif

Fort Rejuve Jail
200270-albums4183-picture39537.gif

Creeps in the Woods
200270-albums4183-picture39538.gif

Credits:

Ironman47 for helping me with some of the triggers.
Stanakin Skywalker for his BTNGruntWarcry icon.
Mc! for his Goblin Heavy Bot model.
Tranquil for his King model.
RizzBoomer for his [Goblin] Mechanic_New model.
Max666 for his Orc Warlord model.
shamanyouranus for his Storm Totem model.

Keywords:
ORPG, Antonidas, Mage, Wizard, Bosses, Minibosses, Retreat
Contents

Antonidas' Retreat V2.10 (Map)

Reviews
21:56, 27th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 22
I'm about to test your map, but the first thing I noticed is that in the loading screen, you say transforming the hero will make it lose all of its items. You can easily fix this by using variables (save item as variable, drop item, transform hero, give item back).

And you can still hire the Pandaren Summoner, Elder Sage, and Beastmaster after you got your first hero.

Level 22
It's a fun map, but not above average. The terrain is pretty standard, there are no cinematics (so far, at least. I think I'm almost finished), and the triggering could use some work (like the replacing of heroes).

It's pretty easy too. You can just get a couple of those Demon Hunters, cast Rain of Infernal with all of them, and done. Easy win.

I give it a 2.5/5 for now. So... a 3/5. :p

Is this your first map, by the way?

Level 10
It's a fun map, but not above average. The terrain is pretty standard, there are no cinematics (so far, at least. I think I'm almost finished), and the triggering could use some work (like the replacing of heroes).

It's pretty easy too. You can just get a couple of those Demon Hunters, cast Rain of Infernal with all of them, and done. Easy win.

I give it a 2.5/5 for now. So... a 3/5. :p

Is this your first map, by the way?

No, its not my first map, but it's the first map I've uploaded to THW. Right now, I'm editing my map, so if there's anything else just let me know.

EDIT:
I've just updated my map from v1.95 to v2.01. I added extra creeps to the miniboss areas and Antonidas' Area. I've also fixed the issue where your items get removed when you transform your Hero, I think. It needs to be tested still.

Last edited:
Level 22
Ah, ok. Well, fixing the hero replace triggers are the most important. You have to set the level and items of the hero to variables. And then set the newly replaced hero to those variables.

Also, don't forget to turn off those triggers, so you can't get unlimited Illidans and Uthers. xP

Level 10
Ah, ok. Well, fixing the hero replace triggers are the most important. You have to set the level and items of the hero to variables. And then set the newly replaced hero to those variables.

I meant for the Illidan, Antonidas, and Uther Heroes to be set at level 1 when you get them and I think I fixed the problem where your items are removed when you get transformed.:weekani:

Level 10
Oh, I forgot to add a victory condition. The game is supposed to be over after you kill Antonidas. He's the end boss.:vw_death:

EDIT:
v2.03 is out now. I have not added a victory condition, but now a message appears stating that the game is over, but you can use the Antonidas Hero if you want.

EDIT 2:
I have now released v2.05. I attempted to keep you limited to 3 Heroes. Don't know if I fixed it or not yet.

Last edited:
Level 10
Your probably right. I have had that happen to me before on other people's maps and I just reloaded the page and it seemed to be okay.

Anyway, have you tested my map out? Constructive criticism and comments are always welcome. A rating would also be nice.:wsmile:

EDIT 1:
BTW, can anyone tell me if the bug where your items would be removed when you transformed your Hero was properly fixed or not? I haven't had the time to test it.

EDIT 2:
Just uploaded the next version (v2.07). I removed the WARNING on the loading screen, assuming that the bug has been fixed and on the last version, I forgot to limit Akama (Elder Sage) before, so I fixed it here.

Last edited:
Level 15
  1. The prologue at the loading screen has a word spelt incorrectly: “minons”. I believe you meant “minion.”

I opened up notepad to take down all grammar inaccuracies, minor things, etc, that could be fixed, but that's all I took down because I was disappointed. Whether I played this with a second player or not would make no difference in my opinion.

It seemed to me that this map is like an Angel Arena without PvP mixed with standard Melee games (where you build, or so that was my impression from the "Workers" part of the map and the presence of guarded Gold Mines). It seemed like what you'd do in an MMORPG, grind and grind until you become strong enough to kill the two mini-bosses or create a base and gather resources until you're strong enough.

The terrain is just JSDFLJSFDL :thumbs_down:
  1. You have all these bare parts of the map, nothing on them...
  2. Terrible transition between terrain, I mean, did you really need a Dimensional Gate in the game? The Outland / Black Citadel tiles look terrible next to Dalaran grass.
  3. THE MAP IS TOO FUCKING BARE.

The problem here is that the map itself is uninteresting, once a hero is picked and exits the starting area, they are immediately greeted with neutral hostiles. I immediately lost interest at that time. SFJSDKF. (This post doesn't even sense and it's not even organised, but it gives you a good idea of my thoughts of it.)

The map looks badly designed; one case being that the Stone Golem is BEHIND the Wizards in a camp instead of infront, shouldn't it be guarding it's summoners? The abundance of whitespace in terrain also reinforces the statement. K. Your map is just GG...

I can imagine a friend going "wtf is this shit?" if they played.

Here are some other problems that I found though :)grin:)
  • Icons missing their DISBTN form (Disabled Button), they turn green when you open the menu or something that would normally grey out / blacken icons.
  • Themes that don't coexist with each other pleasantly. Seriously, spiders with knights? I guess you can argue that they are all just mind-controlled minions of Antonidas, but still. Then you have a Firelord Revenant with Revenant of the Depths as accomplices? The most random is a SPACE FEL ORC?

I'm scared to play your other map; if I do, expect an unorganized 'review'.

Last edited:
Level 10
MAP UPDATE: v2.10

:wcool:
I've updated my map to version 2.1. I have added a Tome Merchant near the Workers Camp that sells tomes. The Tome Merchant also has the Heal ability, which probably won't be used be used much, but if you want to buy some tomes and you are injured a little bit, you can have the Tome Merchant heal you.

EDIT:
This post doesn't even sense and it's not even organised.

If you really have to go around and point out all of my grammatical errors, at least have the decency to have correct grammar yourself. Don't dog out other people's grammar if are using incorrect grammar.

xBlackrose said:
3ICE said:
There are too many people who don't know that they're worse spellers than their own children.

I am hoping you know what to do.

xBlackrose said:
The prologue at the loading screen has a word spelt incorrectly: “minons”. I believe you meant “minion.”

Last edited:
Level 15
angry.gif

You asked for comments and constructive criticism, you got them (albeit; it doesn't seem like it). However, you have only identified the fault of my accidental omission of a word in my post instead of the feedback I have given.

This post doesn't even [make] sense and it's not even organised.

This statement was referring to my own post, silly. As I didn't really thought about it; I just instead threw my thoughts of the map into one giant post.

If you really have to go around and point out all of my grammatical errors, at least have the decency to have correct grammar yourself. Don't dog out other people's grammar if are using incorrect grammar.

This is your map, this is your map submission, my post is feeble and insignificant. Why should my post be 100% grammatically correct? They don't need to read this, your opening post and your loading screen is different - people are going to be reading them; it looks better to have them absent of errors. I thought I'd help you out by listing out those errors and other typos, yet you've taken offence to that. Why? If someone else had pointed it out, you would have acknowledged it and moved on?

You haven't replied to the other points mentioned as well, are you going to childishly ignore them due to me hypocritically listing your grammar mistakes while having some myself?

iMAD.jpg
:ogre_rage:

Last edited:
Level 4
I haven't tested the map and I probably won't, I don't like these kind of maps.

Terrain is plain, add doodads and such (I'm not a good terrainer either)

Hero > Singular
Heroes > Plural
(It's in the description)

Unless you mean the sandwich, then it's heros, but I doubt you did :wink:

Level 10
I haven't tested the map and I probably won't, I don't like these kind of maps.

Terrain is plain, add doodads and such (I'm not a good terrainer either)

Hero > Singular
Heroes > Plural
(It's in the description)

Unless you mean the sandwich, then it's heros, but I doubt you did :wink:

If you don't like these kind of maps, then there is no real need to comment on them and I know how to spell, it's just a typo.

Level 4
Okay... don't go bitch attack me for no reason, please.

A tip is that you go through the description atleast one time after you have written it, I am not questioning your ability to write and use proper grammar, I make typos quite often myself.

The fact that you said that I have no real need to comment on these kind of maps is true, but I usually always read the description if there is something I can help with.

Adr

Adr

Level 2
this map is terrible... it's time to meet Dr1zzt he is the most famous map editor in Hungary and when he playing on a map he actually found a lot of bugs :D
(1/5) i think your other maps better than this one.

Level 22
  1. The prologue at the loading screen has a word spelt incorrectly: “minons”. I believe you meant “minion.”

I opened up notepad to take down all grammar inaccuracies, minor things, etc, that could be fixed, but that's all I took down because I was disappointed. Whether I played this with a second player or not would make no difference in my opinion.

It seemed to me that this map is like an Angel Arena without PvP mixed with standard Melee games (where you build, or so that was my impression from the "Workers" part of the map and the presence of guarded Gold Mines). It seemed like what you'd do in an MMORPG, grind and grind until you become strong enough to kill the two mini-bosses or create a base and gather resources until you're strong enough.

The terrain is just JSDFLJSFDL :thumbs_down:
  1. You have all these bare parts of the map, nothing on them...
  2. Terrible transition between terrain, I mean, did you really need a Dimensional Gate in the game? The Outland / Black Citadel tiles look terrible next to Dalaran grass.
  3. THE MAP IS TOO FUCKING BARE.

The problem here is that the map itself is uninteresting, once a hero is picked and exits the starting area, they are immediately greeted with neutral hostiles. I immediately lost interest at that time. SFJSDKF. (This post doesn't even sense and it's not even organised, but it gives you a good idea of my thoughts of it.)

The map looks badly designed; one case being that the Stone Golem is BEHIND the Wizards in a camp instead of infront, shouldn't it be guarding it's summoners? The abundance of whitespace in terrain also reinforces the statement. K. Your map is just GG...

I can imagine a friend going "wtf is this shit?" if they played.

Here are some other problems that I found though :)grin:)
  • Icons missing their DISBTN form (Disabled Button), they turn green when you open the menu or something that would normally grey out / blacken icons.
  • Themes that don't coexist with each other pleasantly. Seriously, spiders with knights? I guess you can argue that they are all just mind-controlled minions of Antonidas, but still. Then you have a Firelord Revenant with Revenant of the Depths as accomplices? The most random is a SPACE FEL ORC?

I'm scared to play your other map; if I do, expect an unorganized 'review'.

Review marked.

Rating: 2/5
Vote for:
Rejected