1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Anti-Gravity Toy.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AlotofGarbage, Mar 20, 2007.

1. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    just so you know, this doesnt defy the laws of gravity, it would be cool if it did lol. its not "anti gravity" its only a realy powerful electromagnet and another magnet on the spinning top as you said :p still its very cool, they sell these in the gadget shop.

3. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh doh, one day Ill do something right and the whole Hive Workshop will cheer. Atleast it can stay in the air for a min or so, unlike us. How they used the magnetic force is clever in my eyes.

4. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeh its cool stuff, check out some of the super conductor stuff now thats amazing.

5. AlotofGarbage

AlotofGarbage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmmmmmm, righto I'll check it out. From this YouTube video I'm watching its looks really amazing as you said.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  6. she_ep

she_ep

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG i was just watching that when i saw this... wierd....

7. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the physics behind the superconductors are quite impressive too. i dont have a detailed knowledge, but basically when the temperature of certain metal (and ceramic compounds) reaches very very very low temperature, almost absolute zero, they repel all electromagnetic forces which makes them repel other magnets. a recent invention was the high temperature ceramic super conductor which would work at -68 degrees celcius or soemthing, but thats still very cold!

8. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    er..not that special, its just the - + of a magnet and weights etc, nothing too special but was amazing when i was a little tucker of a chewy girl.

9. Blackroot

Blackroot

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's quite ignorant of the very complicated mathamatics behind this. If you merely put a magnet under a reppeling force it will go upwards and merely fly off. There's a tiny computer controlling the rotation of the bottom magnet which keeps the spinning magnet balanced. You'd be suprised just how hard it is to keep a flying magnet still.

10. Sephiyr

Sephiyr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anti-Gravity toy? nono thats a gadget that uses magnetic force, obviously some youtube people got the wrong idea xD. Still amazing how the magnetic force keeps it in the air in my opinion anyways.

11. Durgon

Durgon

Resources:
    Resources:
    That was pretty neat, although I wouldnt spend money on it.