• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Anti-Cheat systems for ORPGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Padpadpapa! Nay, I didnt do this. Just to spread around the news, in case you are still oblivious. Admins move this if its in wrong forum.
Anti-Cheats system for ORPGs(So they dont cheat like hell and still can save, with singleplayer) are pretty simple, no one actually noticed it until now. I think some of you already know.

-Whosyourdaddy
Reserve a tiny, yet unreachable area for all players. Each player will have a tower, with 0 sight radius. So set the tower's attack to 20-21. Attack Cooldown would be 1.00 . Then put a neutral tower next to it, and make sure the neutral tower has 100 hp and 100hp regen. and have a trigger

Events
Perodic Event - Every 1 Second of game time
Conditions(None)
Actions
Unit - Order (Playertower 0022) to attack (dummy tower 0023)

And it goes on for all the players. By the end, your tower layout should look like:

X PP X
X PP X
X PP X
X PP X

Or anything you deem fit. So have another trigger,

Events
Unit - (Dummytower 0023) dies
Condtions(none)
Actions
Show defeat screen for (player 1) Showing message (No cheating!)

And so it goes on for the rest of the players. Why is this so? Because, the tower that you own, which is not clickable or cannot be seen due to 0 sight radius. And your tower's attack, which is 20-21, will not harm the tower that has 100 hp with 100hp regen. In anycase, you may hvae noticed whosyourdaddy DOES NOT give 1-hit kills all the time. Whosyourdaddy only amplifies the damage by 100 times or something. So when the '20-21' damage is amplified, it will be able to kill the tower that normally cannnot be harmed, in one hit. Therefore, this shows the player is cheating, and there he deserves the 'defeat'.

-Iseedeadpeople
This one really, is easy.
Events
Perodic Event - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
Conditions
If fog of war equals to (removed) is (true)
Actions
Enable fog of war for all players.

In this way, people would only be able to see the whole map for 0.04 seconds.Why 0.04? Setting lower, especially 0.00, the map will lag like ****.

-thereisnospoon
As you know, there is no spoon overrides the mana cost. So have a neutral unit some where, with 0 mp. And he has an ability thunder clap with 1800 mana cost. Put an invisble unit next to unit, which is hostile to it. and make sure the unit has 1 hp and has the 'locust' ability so he would not be clickable. Make sure the dummyunit that is gonna be hostile has no attack.

So, trigger
Events
(Dummyunitthereisnospoon 0096) dies
Conditions
Actions
Game - Show defeat screen for (player 1) saying 'no cheating'

Trigger 2
Events
Perodic Event - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Order (Stomper 0121) to cast ability (thunder clap)

That should do it.
Argh...I gotta go, so will update maybe later. For now this is it. Remember, you might see some loopholes, but remember that cheats only work for singleplayer, and not for multi. Will update on greedisgood and stuff later.

-greedisgood
Erm...ok. Here's it. In any case, greedisgood will give gold and lumber to all players. So, have the enemy creep 'player' e.g gray, dark green etc. 0 gold. So we have this trigger...

Events
Time - Perodic Event
Every 0.04 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Player 9(Gray) Current gold) Greater than (50)
Actions
Game - Show defeat screen for (All players)

If you don't understand, killing player units will not get the enemy creeps any bounty, therefore they will NEVER NEVER EVER have gold, unless someone cheats. Give me a good reason why you need to enable bounty fro killing player heroes lol. So when they never have gold, they remain money-less. So if they have gold, it means they cheated. Why all players? Because you can't only enable defeat screen for player 1 as, he can change which slot he is in, even in singleplayer. Erm... I thought of this method. I hope it works. lols. Lemme find a way to counter 'thedudeabides'. when i thought of it, I'll update, kayss?

Last edited:
Level 18
For the 'thereisnospoon' blocker, make the ability immolation instead and make the unit have 100 max mana, but start with 0 and have no mana regen or intelligence (As intelligence gives mana regen), and simply activate it once.

Other than my suggestion it all sounds good.

-*meow*

Level 12
No, the chat message event thing does not block cheats. And remember people this is not my work. I saw it somewhere, couldn't remember it. I didn't get you ralle. Rephrase please?
Originally by DurotarLord
Very nice ideas i must say. seems like they would work perfectly.
Remember that this is not my work/ideas, I'm just the informant/messenger. I don't steal credit from other's ideas.

Level 7
ya what his triggers do is they test the map and whenever they see that things are happening obscenely it is obvious that the player is cheating and it disconnects them.

Besides arctic, even if you didnt invent these ways u still get credits for being the messanger.

Level 12
That kills the whole purpose. At least, you can play singleplayer. Not like def's, you knock out...bad for people with slow net or coms. And that's the lazy way. thee methods i stated above 100% works. If you notice the Final Fantasy Epic Rpg, also allows single player, but no cheats.

Level 5
Your methods should and would work.
What Ralle meant (he didnt read the post properly) is that cheat codes arent chat messages, therefore cant be intercepted by triggers because those only see chat messages.
  • HAX

Level 5
Arent there more cheats? Like gold adding stuff etc?
Cause if those exist just make a integer which tracks gold amounts and make all gold add-age triggered. Then add a trigger which checks if gold amount is same as integer every 0.4 second.

Status
Not open for further replies.