• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another importing problem thread (5 of 22 models don't load)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Yes, this is another stupid thread about a problem with importing.
I've downloaded in 22 models for my map. But for some sick reason, 5 of those models don't load. These models are:
WotW Building - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
WotW Building 2 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
WotW Building 3 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Street Light Variation 1 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Ford Falcon - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

I've followed the regular importing protocol. Import the models, change paths, restart WE & Wc3, bla bla bla. But for some reason 5 of the 22 models (which I all imported at the same time and imported the exact same way) don't load in the WE. I've tried re-importing them, but no success.

Level 18
Do you really think I didn't tried that already?

And I've asked a terrainer for a different map (A for Assassin) and gave him a map and the models that I downloaded. The models I downloaded and send him are the exact same models that I use here. But he can import them and I can't.

And no: I'm not going to take that map and change it to my own terrain again. I'm terrible at terraining and I've just made something decent, so I'm not going to do that over again.

Level 18
M0RT, you're my hero!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
I copied the models to a Models submap in the Warcraft III directory, removed the old imported files, re-imported them from the Warcraft III directory, restarted WE and they work now! Many, many thanks and +rep.

Problem solved!

Level 17
SmartGoodBrother, did you downloaded them from this site, if not, there's a very small chance that some of them just don't work. Also check if you have reloaded World Editor after you have imported them and check if you've all the necessarily skins for the model (~"click to display advanced information").

Status
Not open for further replies.