• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Another Farm (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
K, this is my better of the 2 farms I made.

I only have the farm finished after 15 minutes... I think it's worth presenting, I'm gonna start working on that massive river that you can see.

The House, I should of done a bit more by the door.
001kw5.jpg

From the entrance, not much there, I was working on the river and inside fences.
002in7.jpg

From a corner, not much but Wheat...
003pg4.jpg

There is a sky there, it's just hard to see...

Also, does the fog fit with the sky I used? Oh, and the weather..

--------------------

A small village under attack.
004iu5.jpg

Small village under attack from Ghoul's view.
005kx4.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
I dont know, but for some reason the village looks wierd.
In the 3rd one, the gate is unrealistically placed for you can walk around through trees.
The sky in both 3rd and 4th does not match the scene at all.
You could use some fog also to give it that murky, death sorta look.
But i do like the fact that you do it from a ghouls point of view. Very Creative :D

Level 24
You need to add a background to your terrains, so that the background of your screenshots (especially the first two) aren't so empty. You need a lot more tile variation, more doodads. Also the foreground of the first screenshot looks very empty as well, just the stone tile, and nothing else.

I don't really like the house pictures, they're so empty and flat - unless you're making a town, you should try and give some height variation, especially in fields. Also, it looks like Autumn, and I think that fields lie fallow at that particular time, so you should try deleting the wheat, adding in some small wheat things here and there on the fields, small rocks and trees. As well as that, you're lacking a (easily spottable & matching) fog, I'd try White with 0 Z Start and around 5000 Z End. I'd try using matching grass colours, like in my example.

The example was made a while ago, I happened to have this just here.

In total, including your village, your pictures lack an atmosphere with a good fog and custom doodads. You should try doing some landscapes and using the UTM.

Attachments

• Farm Example.jpg
    Farm Example.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 186
Level 17
Thanks for the advice guys, this is like, my second terrain, so I'm just practicing with all the fog and stuff, but yeah, I shoulda changed the sky and fog in the town, although they are both on the same map.

So, you say I should delete ALL the wheat, and make wheat bunches instead? And also look for them Corn Roll things...

EDIT: Oh fuck it! I forgot to save the map, then it crashed and I lost that little burned down city -.-'

Last edited:
Level 7
I don't know what it is, but the atmosphere of the picture is just really open. In a good way, though. It just makes me feel like I know there is tons more out there.

But-- needs more varation, needs simply a more natural look on the barn.

Level 34
Pretty much everything was said. Belgarath had a good example. I think one of the reasons it looks poor is because of the ugly models used. The burning village looks horrid. All because of the models used. They have such a low resolution.

Level 11
1: need tile variation, flat background.
2: need some sort of wheat variation XD i know there isn't anymore wheat variations just sayin if there was, it'd help ALOT
3: Same as first two
4: again flate needs tile variation, all the units are lined up XD spread them out some.
5: Ghoul sucks as close up

Status
Not open for further replies.