• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Animation troubles with custom Night Elf Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
A few weeks ago I started learning how to edit models and I've stuck mostly to rewrapping and rigging imported geosets into existing models but for this one I decided to try my hand at some animation. In my efforts to stop the cape from clipping through her right arm too egregiously "Stand - 5" has become problematic, a resolution to this issue would be appreciated.

Credit to Ujimasa Hojo for his optimized NeArcher I used as the outline and Tauer's Alleria Windrunner for the geosets and his Vereesa Windrunner as an edited skin.

Attachments

• Archer.mdx
    259.5 KB · Views: 7
  • NightElfBase.blp
    176.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2023-02-04 114238.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-04 114238.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 25
Level 21
Not quite sure what's the problem, doesn't seem to clip that much really.
The only thing i noticed, was the cape moving quite erratically - no big deal i'd say, but you could soften the transition.

You can see the node acting frantically in retera's model studio:
cape node.jpg

Level 3
Sorry, I should have specified that the cape taking a dive at the bottom and her kneeling at 8950~ no longer being smooth was the problem I caused by fixing the arm clipping. The only nodes I touched were the ones in the cape by the right elbow/forearm and it wasn't near the frames that are troubling me now.

I started going through it frame by frame later, is there a better way to go about fixing it or preventing this situation all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.