• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Comic RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This ought to be a long one. I'll start by explaining what our view of this game is and what we figured out so far, I'll then mention what people we have involved in the project and lastly, what we need.

We decided to mix up 2 of our favourite genres together to create something we'd consider ideal. Those 2 genres are fighting games and RPGs.
Personally I wouldn't feel the need to create an RPG from scratch, but I've yet to find one that satisfies me in the ways that I'd like it to. Cool flashy moves, mechanically heavy bosses, funny events, lots of customisation, plenty tree branches to build your character and so on.

Lets start with the very base. The inspiration to create this map came from 2 games.
1. ACG; a wc3 map, one of my favourites. It's an arena game, it has cool combos and flashy moves.
Here's a few video previews of how it looks like:
A.
B.
C.

You can find more in my channel if you wish to see more, there's hours of gameplay of it too.
2. Doom; the game, don't know if there's a wc3 version. We wanted our RPG to have a demonic theme to it, around 65-75% of it would then be exactly that, demons. The remaining % would have different themes to it, like perhaps we'd fit a vampiric castle somewhere, perhaps we'd add a frosty undead area, and so on.

Now then, all of this is great, but there's another game that inspired me to create this map, and that would've to be MHW. What I liked about MHW is the levels of customisation and tree branches to make your own unique build, with a lot of extra combat features like usage of mantles (gives you a temporary bonus of whatever) and certainly some of the weapon move sets too.

So tl;dr we wanted the looks and character mechanics of ACG, the enviroment of Doom, and the item and loot mechanics of MHW.
To this I'll add, we're still in an early stage and aren't even close to figuring everything out, so all ideas are welcome.

Now to move on what we have so far.
We have a very skilled photoshop artist.
A few guys, including myself, to provide ideas and feedback.
A few devs that agreed to help on small things from time to time.

With this, what we created so far is;
A few character ideas, which go from a wide range from rather simple early characters to very complex late game characters.
A few boss ideas, most of them, despite only being on an early part of the game, already have a good set of moves and mechanics.
And an early beta version of the first area of the game created by one of the devs that decided to help.

Now what we need to continue the map;
Skilled developers. As you may have noticed, the project is ambitious and very complex. The help of anyone that wishes to contribute with ideas, or anything, is welcome. But we won't be making any progress until we find the developers we need.

I'd like to finish this post with the following;
Reforged has had a very negative impact on our map. I'm aware of the despicable terms of use that developers agree to in the making of a map. And of all the issues that came with reforged. Our map has also suffered greatly, because we hoped a few developer friends would join our project after they finished their own, but in the end they were too busy still.
For this, sometimes I question myself if there's a point in going forward. But anyways, if there's anyone interested in knowing more about the map and helping us in the making of it, you're welcome to join our discord; Join the Mafia Headquarters Discord Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.