• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Keep (Need Suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, im stuck here. Don't want to fill this in, making the place look clumped but don't want to leave it empty. So basically im asking for suggestions. It will help :)

The setting: An ancient dwarven keep, now used as a slaver base of operations. A mana rift is opened in the keep(Attracted Demons to the keep, drives mages insane). Most of the notable slavers in this keep are mages. Dwarves in ancient times crafted with mana(thus theres "clumps" of blue lava rock which is raw mana). One of the more "cooled down" Locations of the keep. Climate changed here.

What you should know:
It's going to be used for a cinematic in my rpg.
It's Playable(obviously if u read the first comment :p)

worldedit12120110402221.jpg

worldedit12120110402221.jpg

worldedit12120110404145.jpg
worldedit12120110404150.jpg
worldedit12120110404150.jpg

Last edited:
Level 11
Don't want to fill this in, making the place look clumped but don't want to leave it empty. So basically im asking for suggestions. It will help :)

It's the ground. Atm it looks monotone, there's nothing special. You might check out my tutorial, and try to use the alpha tile.
Maybe you could remove a part of the ground, creating an abyss, some rusty grills, eventually some more sources of light.

I can't give you that much ideas atm, but I'm preparing another tutorial - tipps for better ideas, using the mighty alpha tile.

Level 11
Added an abyss with alpha tile on both sides an tried to make it look ruinish. still not complete but I think its an improvement.

Mh, ye - that's it. You're on a good way. (;
Additionally you might chamfer the terrain in front of the stairs a bit, creating several plateau layers.
(In order to get more variation, without spamming doodads.)

Level 6
Where did you get those awesome dwarf statues i could use one of those in the map im making xD

Level 6
Yeah i figured that much but where can i find them i mean i have an mpq browser but can't figure where are the models in cata mpq's nor how to export them.

Level 6
Well I dont see how just talking about it is offensive in any way(I have read the forum rules), but anyway pardon me i will look it up myself, sorry if I caused any trouble :).

Status
Not open for further replies.