• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Ancient Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do I made a spell for the hero ancient(Like Ancient of Eternity), I want to make root and uproot spell, how do I do one. I have tried but it does not transform, xd

Level 11
is this based of a Dota Hero? I'm guessing its an edited version of metamorphosis as Root spell wont work on Hero units (I think).

Ancient of Eternity is the Night Elf primary structure, not a DotA hero :wink:

Root/uproot will work only if you set "Stats - Is a building" to true in the object editor.

Level 11
The only undesirable quality about classifying your hero as a building as far as I can tell is you can only level your abilities up while rooted. Also, you can only add hero abilities when "Is a building" is set to false, but they'll stay even after you make them a building, you just won't be able to see the hero abilities in the object editor.

Level 33
When you use reversible transform-based spell (Bear Form, Metamorphosis, etc), make sure that both of the transform unit is same unit-type

If it's a Hero-unit type, transform it to a Hero-unit type too
Vice-versa for Normal-unit type

It can cause bugs if you try to transform Hero->Unit->Hero->Unit
You will see that HP of your unit suddenly increase from one transform to another, total bug

Status
Not open for further replies.