• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Arena

User who uploaded this Presents

Ancient Arena
Created by normalice

Map Info:
A land that has been fought over countless times - piles of corpses strewn about, burned buildings, wreckage, and even dormant weapons from past battles.

Features:
A somewhat standard melee map, but with one quirk of land mines. There are about 320 locations each with a 2% chance of a land mine being buried there, so be careful!

as to that, if you review the map you may want to do so as a game. Opening it in the world editor just looks like a huge mess.

tavern in the middle, shop in the corners, two expansion mines each. Six green, six yellow, and two red creep cramps - 'possible' locations of land mines surround the red creep camps.

Tileset (and creeps) are a mix of the barrens and dalaran ruins - the left is the barrens and the right in dalarn ruins. Unfortunately, this made it tricky to add any cliffs, so there aren't many, except for decor.
Updates:
-changed pebble path on barrens side to a dirt road
-removed some of the 'fire' burning one of the crystal towers
-reduced the number of vultures from 45 to 6
-reduced the number of boars from 12 to 4
Screenshots:
Can be found here

Author's notes:
I saw that I had 11 maps and the OCD in me said to round it out to a non-prime number. And so here it is. This should be my last map, hope it's enjoyable :-D

Other work:
Pack

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Ancient Arena (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet08:52, 6th July 2013 Map Approved Ancient Arena (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet08:52, 6th July 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Ancient Arena (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Game play is totally smooth and well executed, with each creep difficulty set for a 1v1 scale, I like the idea of how the 20k gold mine relies more on open ground and less lumber region."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain view is very exotic looking and the idea of boundaries of desert world to forest world like is amazing, but there are two problems going on, The 'Pebble' tile doesn't work well with the whole map, so the 'Dark Dessert' tile is more fitting for that road idea, another is just refrain too much fire doodad on that 'Ruined Crystal Tower' and it would look more sufficient."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall, map is good and fits well with a 1v1 scale, and lastly do reduce much of those critters they look spammed in the map, just 8 pieces of them would be okay."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C