• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Anchor Frame not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello there

i have a strange error msg. the first time i start testing a map it throws a error msg that the anchor frame $parent/$parent/ControlGroupPanel could not be found for Inventory tooltip. the next time the error is gone.
i am using this anchor several times in other frames and there are no error msges.

rvjzei9a.png

everything still works as it should but it is annoying.

any ideas?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Does parent/parent/whatever mean that it goes up 2 levels of inheritance (to the grand parent) and then gets the item whatever for the anchor position?

Just because it works does not mean it is not broken. It might only error once (when the UI is loaded) but keeps not working. Just when it is not working it works good enough to pass that it is working.

It could also be a preload problem where it tries to do something before the game loads the files (which is fixed on future tests as the files are cached to load faster).

Level 9
yes the $parent goes back one level to the parent item.
<hello>
<world2>
</world2>
<world>
<test>
</test>
</world>
</hello>

so if the current node is "test" $parent/$parent is "hello" and $parent/$parent/world2 is what i do (it works) but it shows this error msg.

so if it is a preload error there is nothing i can do about (i guess)

--------------------------Update SOLVED------------------------------

i still had a layoutfile imported using the same frame (quite old map lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.