• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Analog of *PhoenixFire ability* ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hey guys i just in a shock right now...

Because i cant find any analog of *warcraft 3 PhoenixFire ability* !! Who dont know - this ability allow to make battletanks / battleships type of gameplay.

Weapons+ Its not the same!!! Because its not support weapon stacking... if here 2 weapons which attack ground only 1 will work!

So i am looking in Behaviors+ and its looks like here is nothing "to automatically shoot projectiles at nearby targets"!

Is it true? We are lack of this ability? Thx.

Level 3
I got multiple weapons to fire from simply putting each weapon on different turrets that I created. To be specific I just created a bunch of free rotate turrets and set a different weapon to work with each one. Also, on the weapons themselves, I set it so all weapons could fire while moving, did not have linked cooldowns, and did not only fire at targets that are being attacked. I also put "show cooldowns" on the weapons to make sure they were actually firing as often as possible.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Adding weapons does exactly what you are after.
Basically, you need to add a new weopon and unlink its cooldown, make it that it can not fire only at attack target and make it that it does not need to be attacking to fire. Some wepon effects do not need the weapon to initialize an attack while some do so try finding a base which does not.

Next change both its arcs to be 360.
It will not fire and move.

Turrents are different. Arc means the angle the attack can be used while turrents mean the ammount a component can turn for an attack to be used. The siege tank uses a turrent to attack, a marine does not and has a low arc attack. Basically adding arc to a weapon is better but can mean attacks will fire in the total opposite direction. Additionally set damage point to 0 and backwards swing to 0 so that the animation is not a problem.

Level 4
I got multiple weapons to fire from simply putting each weapon on different turrets that I created. To be specific I just created a bunch of free rotate turrets and set a different weapon to work with each one.

OK! The Problem is - that 2 of the same cannons in hero inventory will not work! (only 1 will shot!)

This is why we cant use WEAPON+ to simulate phoenix fire!!
Weapon do not stack with the same weapon!

Its a shame... !

OK. Lets forget about weapons. Forever.

What about behaviors? Will they stack with the exactly same behavior?
I mean Buff Type - Periodic Behavior.

The idea is to periodically call a Search effect for search targets and launch missile, with dmg effect attached. But i dont know how to make it.
I REALL NEED WORKING EXAMPLE.

(I attempted to modify Point Defense Drone - but he uses WEAPON!
Which we cant use because weap do not stack with the same weap. And I fail.)

----------------------------------

Of course we can make 240 invis DUMMY units which suppose to be guns for 12 players x20 per player. And move them every 0.25 sec in positions of player heroes.

YES i know it will work. But this is a bad idea, because it will generate a lot of NET Traffic. So delay between player actions will be like 0.5-1.0 sec.

This is not a way to go...

--------------------------------------

Do someone can help me with this? :spell_breaker:
Thx.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes you can not stack the same weapon multiple times.

In that case make 3 thermal lance weapons.
One attacks with 1 laser, 2 attacks with 2 lasers etc.

Use requirements and stuff to control which are active when.

Alternativly copy each ability X times where X is the number of times it can be used. You only need different weapons and not different effects.

Last edited:
Level 4
In that case make 3 thermal lance weapons.
One attacks with 1 laser, 2 attacks with 2 lasers etc.

Use requirements and stuff to control which are active when.

Hm... i get your point... but my map have limit 20 guns per hero max,and total of 40guns on map, and making for each gun - 20 more guns with 1-20 lasers its just retarded... 20x40 = 800 :ned:

here should be another way to "auto launch projectiles", or GE is a really shit...

I am very dissapointed right now.

Level 9
The uberlisk was apparently made in a short time from a guy who used the data editor to its full capabilities, I'm certain that the editor will give an easier and friendlier approach to your problem in future updates, however currently you'll just have to make due with it and find workarounds if you can.

Level 4
The uberlisk was apparently made in a short time from a guy who used the data editor to its full capabilities, I'm certain that the editor will give an easier and friendlier approach to your problem in future updates, however currently you'll just have to make due with it and find workarounds if you can.

Sadly i cant start working on my map , because of this phoenix fire problem...

Its very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.