• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

An simple question: How add more "blue points"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "blue points" are called vertices.

I need an Point XY Between point X and Y how i can create it? Understand?

Basically how you do that in MdlVis is that you:
  1. Copypaste point X (or Y) and move it where you want it (between points X & Y).
  2. Remove the triangles that are connecting the original points X and Y.
    • Just click the empty space between X and Y, you will automatically select 3 vertices and the "Delete Triangle" button will be enabled next to the "Collapse" and "Weld" buttons
    • Now make sure that there are no lines connecting the original X and Y points.
    • Note: Do not use the keyboard delete button, you don't want to delete any of the vertices (blue points). You only want to remove the lines connecting them.
  3. Create new triangles between X and the new point and then between the new point and Y.
    • New faces are created by selecting 3 vertices (the blue dots) counter clockwise and then pressing the create triangle button (hotkey T)
    • Now vertex X should be connected with a line to the new vertex, and the new vertex should be connected to vertex Y.
  4. Fix the UV-mapping
    • Select the new vertice(s) that you have copypasted, click UV-mapping and move the vertices so that they would be between X and Y, otherwise the texture will stretch.

That's the basic idea behind it.
You should be able to do that with a bit of trial and error.

Level 8
Thank you for your help, very good tutorial and practical the only thing I lost was time to "create new triangles" with the button "Create Triangle" no longer appeared was because I had undergoes direct rule "in Select counterclockwise "got more then yes, thank you

Ahhh, excuse the error of written English is not the language of my country xP

Status
Not open for further replies.