• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An introduction among many

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone :)
I've been told to introduce myself.

My name is Markus, I live in Bro which is located right outside of Sthlm, Sweden. I've been modding wc3 for about five years, I joined Wc3c when I was 12 which was in 2002, the people who're good at maths now know that I'm 17 years old.

When I joined I chose to take the modelling path, which I, today, think was the wrong decision of me to make. I should've gone with coding as I'm not very artistic at all, but I chose to start modelling, so that's what I know how to do. I remember when I started out modelling for wc3, there were no art tools, no nothing... Then came Kdub's milkshape exporter so that was what I used at first to animate. Then that's what I used 'till the art tools came.

I've been very passive for a few years now, because since about three years ago I found a friend, and I hadn't had any friends before that. She had never really had a friend either so we started hanging out a lot and when we found each other we also suddenly started getting new friends all over. A lot of doing stuff with people was ahead of me...

But now I'm back and I'm trying to find a balance between hanging with friends and modelling/modding, which is a big hobby of mine :)

There, now you have my complete lifestory xD

I hope to get to know all of you new people who weren't around in my days :)

//Markus3832

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome Markus3832

Join Date: 04-07-2004? Zowie: that makes you one of our olders members (in thems of tenure). The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Hello everyone :)
When I joined I chose to take the modelling path, which I, today, think was the wrong decision of me to make. I should've gone with coding as I'm not very artistic at all, but I chose to start modelling, so that's what I know how to do. I remember when I started out modelling for wc3, there were no art tools, no nothing... Then came Kdub's milkshape exporter so that was what I used at first to animate. Then that's what I used 'till the art tools came.

I do not agree. Your models were very useful, since killst4r did not make many zerg models. I hope you will be still modelling in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.