• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ammo/Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hhhmmm..

So there seems to be hints towards a semi-built in Ammo system.

I say this because there are references to "use magazine", "Load magazine", "Empty magazine", and similar things in the Data Editor.

Is this used in the "Ammo" sense? or something else?

I have looked through it, and as far as I can tell, I can't see how it works.

Is it a type of weapon? A type of effect? A behavior?

I am investigating it, and if any1 knows, posting would be nice. If I can figure it out I will post my results.

Level 11
Actually, the magazine things seem to refer to launching units and stuff. IE, use magazine is used for carrier interceptor launch, while release magazine is used for the brood lord throwing broodlings at enemies. Both are effects from what I have seen.

Haven't tested making custom magazines though. :\

Level 10
Actually, the magazine things seem to refer to launching units and stuff. IE, use magazine is used for carrier interceptor launch, while release magazine is used for the brood lord throwing broodlings at enemies. Both are effects from what I have seen.

Haven't tested making custom magazines though. :\

It is also used for the Ghost's Nuke.

I am sifting through the effects and abilities right now, and it is quite confusing, lol

The best I got right now is that there is an effect that messes with the Magazine number.

And the unit has an ability that keeps track of the magazine number. I think...

Level 7
So yes, it can be used as a built-in ammo system. Carrier launches it's ships 1 by 1 and broodlord shoots projectiles, so you must be able to combine those :) Now that I think of it, I should make a broodlord with 100 broodlings just for lols :)

Status
Not open for further replies.