• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alternatives Tauren Heroes

Hello!
Decided to expand a bit the HeroTauren rooster with some well made heroes alternatives
They are made by combining different components between Cairne and the melle tauren chieftain and with some added geosets & nodes from other models.
There are 4 alternate models
  • HeroTaurenWarrior
  • HeroTaurenWarrior with Totem
  • HeroTaurenShaman
  • HeroTaurenCrusher
Credits:
Check out my other works here:
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Contents

Tauren Crusher (Model)

Tauren Crusher (Icon)

Tauren Crusher portrait (Model)

Tauren Shaman (Model)

Tauren Shaman (Icon)

Tauren Shaman portrait (Model)

Tauren Warrior (Model)

Tauren Warrior (Icon)

Tauren Warrior Chieftain (Model)

Tauren Warrior Chieftain (Icon)

Tauren Warrior Chieftain portrait (Model)

Tauren Warrior portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
With the issues resolved, it's now APPROVED.
Level 35
I like this variety of different Tauren heroes, nice job! :peasant-thumbs-up:
Would also be cool to have some more regular units to fill out the tauren roster; for instance a ranged counterpart to the classic melee unit.
View attachment 409957
On the way. Working on a Tauren spearman for some time. The hard part with taurens is if you give them animations from other smaller units their feat will not be set on the ground and would look like the slide. I have managed to find the perfect match now I just need to set the projectiles and add some small armor components to the unit maybe change his textures.

Level 35
More Tauren Chieftain variants are very welcome, and the execution is good and everything else is fine. However, did you skin splice the entire model? Because their facefx aren't working. Please fix them.

I'm putting this to AWAITING UPDATE until the issues are resolved.
I will check ingame. I remember all work (they all talk portrait & model)
I have an update for all

Level 35
the base unit doesn't matter, actually; even if I use footman as a base they should still work
Ok take two different models like original footman and peasant and put them with the knight. The face for 1 of them will not work
I know that if 2 different models are used for the same model like I mentioned 1 of them will not have face movements only sound working.
If you use Cairne(tauren hero shaman) with Cairne and all TC varients with original TC then all should have facefx.
I think it's normal for that to happen because you use the base model for 2 different models with different bases/ some issues are bouns to happen and they are expected because of how the game models are defined

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Ok take two different models like original footman and peasant and put them with the knight. The face for 1 of them will not work
I know that if 2 different models are used for the same model like I mentioned 1 of them will not have face movements only sound working.
If you use Cairne(tauren hero shaman) with Cairne and all TC varients with original TC then all should have facefx.
I think it's normal for that to happen because you use the base model for 2 different models with different bases/ some issues are bouns to happen and they are expected because of how the game models are defined
uhhh ok; they still didn't work when I used the TC as base, even the TC-based ones; you might need to just give them a custom facefx to work

Level 35
uhhh ok; they still didn't work when I used the TC as base, even the TC-based ones; you might need to just give them a custom facefx to work
Ooo wait I think I remember. I had an issue with them in the past :D you see the tauren need to have the nosering node so the facefx work. An because I was not using a nodering on mine I DELETED the node to make it smaller in size. My new updates will surelly have it. Anyway gonna check it again before updating