• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alternate Form No Mana Trigger/setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello I've been designing an Arena Map and I was trying to make it so my Hero(Hero in question Winston) I have two forms set up that he is able to shift between, Normal form and Primal Fury but an issue im having is I want his Primal Fury form to have no Mana how do I do this? I set the min and max to zero and int to one and zero int increase but the Primal Form still has mana. Do i need a trigger or is it something in the editor that needs to be changed? Any help would be appreciate or the Trigger if it is one. I'm able to have different HP between the Alternate forms and Damages and Armor types but for some reason the mana transfers over.

Level 10
If he's a Hero he'll gain mana automatically based on his Int. You can change this in Advanced > Gameplay Constants by setting how much mana the Hero gets per point of Intelligence to 0. After that, changing the max mana for the unit to 0 in the object editor should do the trick.

Note this will affect how all Heroes handle Int though, not just this one unit. If you don't want to do this, I recommend using a non-hero unit for the alternate form (think Storm Earth and Fire rather than Metamorphosis).

Level 7
Possible solutions=
1) If you base your spell off any transform spells, make primal fury as unit. But this way you wont be able to see hero icon . To achieve that here is solution:
2) when you transfrom into primal fury mode create an invisible primal fury hero, and whenever you select it, select your normal primal fury unit.
3) You can periodically check if its mana is greater than 0.00 set it to 0.00.
4) change gameplay constants intelligence mana regen per level data.

Level 3
Quick solution I just decided to make the Kit all Unit Abilities besides the form swap which is hero ability so now he loses all abilities but the ones shared between forms that are Unit Abiltiy Based. thank you for the help though lads !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.