• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alterac Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I don't recall reading in any book that the Altarec mountains where to rise far into the sky and is this really the most important topic. When I think about all unrealistic things I see in WoW the first thing that pops to mind isn't exactly the mountains hight. Besides it's not like we haven't seen geographical inaccuracies before just compare Northrend in WarCraft III to Northrend in World of WarCraft.

NorthrendWC3.JPG

WorldMap-HowlingFjord.jpg

And is reshaping the Altarec mountains really the most efficient way to make a good expansion, people are only going to be there for 2 quests anyway and then they're going to move on.

Level 29
Why even bother with any area else than current expansions end-lvl zone when everyone is blitz power-lvling anyways. Its not like people do actually wander around, enjoying the sight or something.
That said i dont get why they just dont trash all previous content whenever a new expansion appears since that only matters after once it has appeared.
Id say only a very small part of content ingame currently doesnt belong to the department of redundancy department.

Level 9
There is snow on Alterac as you can see while there are other higher places who don't have snow.Unrealistic things-Booty bay(water comes from nowhere)Stormwind(mountain near the city)and many others. Also my environment interest is upon mountains because it's the most fascinating things in the world to explore, also many others.Quests-Frostwolf,Syndicate theme.And im not talking only about Alterac but about some other zones to be updated like Redridge,Elwynn forest,stranglethorn and many others.!!!!Just my thinking.

Level 29
It had been stated that Elwynn Forest was the first zone theyve ever made, that makes the zone's design older than everywhere else in the game.
Also that Goldshire was far bigger and that they had to crop it down till only the Inn, Blacksmith and big house at lake remaint, previous to cropping those were forming alongside the Town Hall that stood where now the fairground is the center of the huge settlement stretching along the road running E-W across Elwynn. When theyve removed such amount of buildings simply popped down those huge trees in their place, filling up the area with cnp trees as its today.
Most people when they enter WoW for the first time open a Human toon and they are greeted with an zone that is simply put of very old design.
Surely understand the nostalgic value for them but its undeniable that most zones are in dire need of an update.
What i dont get at Stormwind is the Harbor district theyve added in Wotlk, those ramps and stairs are so long that one baffles why it hasnt been built on Westfall's north shore.
There would be far too easier to construct and maintain. Having played games where you have to govern an entire realm i just cant oversee: How in earth the bankrupt Stormwind could pay for all that work when they couldnt even pay-off their debt to the Freemasons that had rebuilt the city. A massive construction effort like that harbor isnt cheap y'know ?!

Level 24
How in earth the bankrupt Stormwind could pay for all that work when they couldnt even pay-off their debt to the Freemasons that had rebuilt the city. A massive construction effort like that harbor isnt cheap y'know ?!

Lady Katrana Prestor that's how. Onyxia took the shape of Daval Prestors daughter and corrupted the nobles of Stormwind and turned the nobles and the masons against each others.

Status
Not open for further replies.