• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Alter Object Data outside World Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
using a tool that can open maps... I forget it's name, mql something. you will be able to edit the triggers and strings

I was planning on making a Warcraft spell check but after receiving no support from the hive I decided it wasn't worth it

at the time I wondered why no one has ever tried making a spell check since it is super simple to make.... now at least I know it is because of the complete and utter disinterest from the public's side of things

look in the tools here on the hive, if memory serves it is called mql. which opens map files allowing you to extract sound and image files, as well as, changing trig and strings from outside the world editor

Level 7
using a tool that can open maps... I forget it's name, mql something. you will be able to edit the triggers and strings

I was planning on making a Warcraft spell check but after receiving no support from the hive I decided it wasn't worth it

at the time I wondered why no one has ever tried making a spell check since it is super simple to make.... now at least I know it is because of the complete and utter disinterest from the public's side of things

look in the tools here on the hive, if memory serves it is called mql. which opens map files allowing you to extract sound and image files, as well as, changing trig and strings from outside the world editor
Actually my problem is that my map is crashing once I delete some custom units. I really don't know what to do... I have tried alot of fixes such as Exporting and Importing on other map, setting all values to Default Values, saving and trying to delete, everything... And no, I can't just forget that the unit exists.

Level 19
Actually my problem is that my map is crashing once I delete some custom units. I really don't know what to do... I have tried alot of fixes such as Exporting and Importing on other map, setting all values to Default Values, saving and trying to delete, everything... And no, I can't just forget that the unit exists.
I had the same problem in an older map of mine

the solution I found was the get a patched version earlier of my current world editor which makes the editor forget the latest units which lucky fixed my problem. save an additional copy of your file before doing it doe, it might make it worse.

another solution might be to find out if there are any unknowns when loading the game. I noticed that a lot of my items had unkown write in their ability section

Level 7
I had the same problem in an older map of mine

the solution I found was the get a patched version earlier of my current world editor which makes the editor forget the latest units which lucky fixed my problem. save an additional copy of your file before doing it doe, it might make it worse.

another solution might be to find out if there are any unknowns when loading the game. I noticed that a lot of my items had unkown write in their ability section

So, I'm lost D: . Well, I can try, but the map only opens with JNPG using WEU...

I'm not sure how proceed, but I'm willing to do anything to fix this problem. The map has like 800 custom units, and I was looking to chop it down.

Do you think if I just remove any instance of the units from the game and use the Vexorians Widgetizer to shrink it, it may well remove the units I'm not using? (Right now it's big problem, because the map load is really really huge, basically all the load time is located within the end of the load, and it makes it botherstome to test the map)

QUICK EDIT:
Ok, I was able to delete the units using the normal World Editor... Better to keep that in mind. When you had this problem, was using what WE?

Last edited:
Level 19
So, I'm lost D: . Well, I can try, but the map only opens with JNPG using WEU...

I'm not sure how proceed, but I'm willing to do anything to fix this problem. The map has like 800 custom units, and I was looking to chop it down.

Do you think if I just remove any instance of the units from the game and use the Vexorians Widgetizer to shrink it, it may well remove the units I'm not using? (Right now it's big problem, because the map load is really really huge, basically all the load time is located within the end of the load, and it makes it botherstome to test the map)

QUICK EDIT:
Ok, I was able to delete the units using the normal World Editor... Better to keep that in mind. When you had this problem, was using what WE?
I don't recall but there don't regularly release patches for the we so there can't be too many versions.

I believe it was the we before the starcraft models were added

anyway good on you for fixing the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.