• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Altars and Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello there.

Im working on my map, and ive got one problem about Altars and unit Tiers.
Ive created new altar for my new race, but when i want to recruit neutral hero at Tavern, it says "you need an altar" (and i already built mine). The question is, where in world editor can i find some "categorization" where is says "Unit is an Altar" or something?

And the next problem is, that sometimes happens that i can train infinite amount of heroes, regardless of my town hall level and fact, that i already have the same hero. How can i prevent this?

Thanks for help!

Level 12
Oh, okay, I've read your post wrong, lol. Sorry, my bad.

Well, for the first one, use an altar as a base for your unit.

For the second one, here:

• Click Advanced, Gameplay Constants.
  • Check the box at the top that says 'Use Custom Gameplay Constants'.
  • Find 'Techtree - Dependancy Equivalents - Alter'. Here, add your custom circle of power we are using next to the taverns. You now have a legitamate alter on the map, using the circle of power. This will allow you to purchase a hero.
  • Find 'Techtree - Dependancy Equivalents - Hero'. This controls which units count when restricting heroes. Clear all heroes already on the list. Now one by one, add your custom heroes here. This prevents your players from purchasing more than one hero!
  • Click 'OK' when finished.

I got these answers from here.

Level 7
Well, bad news:

I did all you said (putting heroes in gameplay constants - techtree and there somewhere), and it works only partly. I can train only 3 Heroes, but i can train 3 of the same type (Even when i have trigger Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero - Type (for all players)).

So, ive got my race of Blood Elves with 3 Heroes : Blood Mage, Ranger and customized Paladin.
When i tried training Blood Mage , it worked fine. After training him he dissapeared from my altar, and i couldnt train 2nd Blood Mage. However, for another hero it didnt work anymore. Tiers work properly, but somehow i end up with 4 heroes, 1 Blood Mage and 3 Paladins (or 3 Rangers, both are bugged.) (4 is upper limit, even though trigger which says "limit of heroes for player 1 to 3)

Any more ideas please? :/

*The main problem up here is fact that i can train more heroes of 1 type.

and one more problem occured: If i remember correctly, 1st hero should be free, 2nd should cost 425gold and 100lumber (unless you changed it). And in my case, 1st hero costs like 2nd one... eh?

Last edited:
Level 1
I had this problem, you jsut need to make a new event with a limitation of unit prod.
Use the trigger action "Player - Limit Training of Unit-Type", and limit training of the custom hero in question to 1 (for melee-style maps, but you can make the number higher if you are trying to do something else). Put the action in a trigger that has the event "Map Initialization".

But i have the problem with the tiers because i don't have techtree-equivalents in my constants (world editor is in french)

Status
Not open for further replies.