• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alot of things reverted after the last patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So I went to open up my map for the first time since the 2nd phase started and the last patch came out.

Almost every units weapon was defaulted or broken, and alot of units were given a copied version of their original weapon while the weapon I had on them before was almost completely erased of all functionality.

Every custom upgrade's name I had made was changed to the name of the upgrade I based it off of, so I now have around 70 upgrades named Protoss Ground Weapons.

This is obviously game breaking, and other than completely redoing every single weapon and other things.. I don't know another way around this. The amount of work it's going to take I can't do easily right now. When I originally made the map I was unemployed and sitting at home and had all the time I needed, now I'm working 5-6 days a week 8-10 hours a day and I don't have a hell of a lot of time for this kinda problem to happen now.

So does anyone know another way to fix the map to what it was before the 1st phase ended? Or am I royally screwed? =/

Level 11
Try pulling the data XML files out of your map with an mpq editor. I'm guessing it has your custom data there still but the new patch screwed it up somehow.

You could send the map to me if you want, I could take a look at it. Don't have anything better to do at the moment >_>

Level 11
Try pulling the data XML files out of your map with an mpq editor. I'm guessing it has your custom data there still but the new patch screwed it up somehow.

You could send the map to me if you want, I could take a look at it. Don't have anything better to do at the moment >_>

How would I check it? I kinda messed with the map all day yesterday to try and get things back to normal but if I can get it back to how it was originally that would be better. I'm checking to see if I have a backup of the last version now. (REALLY REALLY hope I do.)

Kk, I had the version before that was working perfect. How would I take a look at the MPQ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.